With the light unlocked and switched off, tap the tactical tail switch to momentarily turn on the light, release it the light will go out, fully press the tactical tail switch to constantly turn on the light (less than 0.8 seconds), fully press again to turn off the light.
In any state, rotate the toggle switch to select the needed mode, rotate the toggle switch clockwise to the end to enter tactical mode, rotate the toggle switch counter clockwise to the end to enter Duty mode, to the middle to enter Lockout mode.
Tap the tactical tail switch to momentarily turn on the light, fully press the tactical tail switch to lock the light on Turbo output level. Press and hold the tactical tail switch for 0.8 seconds to enter Strobe, tap the tactical tail switch to turn back to Turbo output level. Fully press the tactical tail switch to turn off the light.
Tap the tactical tail switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Med→High, fully press the tactical tail switch to lock the output level, tap again to cycle the output levels (with intelligent memory circuit). Press and hold the tactical tail switch for 0.8 seconds to enter Strobe, tap the tactical tail switch to return to the previously used output level. Fully press the tactical tail switch to turn off the light.
In Tactical or Duty mode, press and hold the tactical tail switch for 0.8 seconds to enter Strobe, fully press the tactical tail switch again to exit Strobe.
With the light switched on, rotate the toggle switch to the middle position to lock the chosen output level, at this time, the tactical switch does not work and the output levels can not be selected.
With the light switched off, rotate the toggle switch to the middle position to lock the tactical tail switch, at this time, the tactical tail switch does not work and the light can not be turned on.
Rotate the toggle switch to Tactical mode OR Duty mode to unlock the light.
Fenix ARB- L21-5000U
Fenix ARB- L21-5000 V2.0
Fenix ARB- L21-4000P
Rechargeable battery (Li-ion)
Warning: *21700 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the tail cap back on.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on higher output levels for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the light will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 60°C, it will then allow the user for the reselection of higher modes.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output, the light blinks 3 times every 5 minutes to remind you to recharge or replace the battery.
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21 Series 21700 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Lock the light or remove the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery pack /battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
- Do place this light out of the reach of children!
- Do NOT shine the light directly into the eyes of anyone!
- Do NOT shine flammable objects at close range, to avoid burning objects or causing danger due to high temperature!
- Do NOT use the light in inappropriate ways such as biting in the mouth, to avoid personal injury or life threats when the light or internal battery fails!
- This light will accumulate a lot of heat while working, resulting in a high temperature of the flashlight shell. Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Turn off and lock the light or remove the battery from the light to prevent accidental activation when the light is placed in a closed and flammable environment such as pockets and backpacks!
- The LED of this flashlight is not replaceable; so the whole light should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.