The tail switch is tactical switch, the side switch is functional switch.
Tap the tactical tail switch to momentarily turn on the light, release it the light will go out.
Fully press the tactical switch to turn on the light constantly, press again to turn off the light.
With the light on, single-click the functional switch to cycle through Turbo→Low→Mid→High.
With the light on, press and hold the functional switch for 0.5 seconds to enter into the Strobe mode, click once again to return back to General mode.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The flashlight memorizes the last brightness used in the General mode, the next time it is turned on, it will recall that previously used brightness level.
The flashlight will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working at Turbo. When the light is overheated up to 65℃ or above, the flashlight will automatically adjust the output in a stepped way to prevent the light from overheating.
Low-voltage Warning Function
If low voltage is detected, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low brightness level is reached. When this happens at Low output mode, the flashlight blinks three times every five minutes to remind you to replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work until the battery runs out completely.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, and then screw the tail cap.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using excellent quality batteries. If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap one-half turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
Reason A: The batteries need replacing.
Solution: Replace batteries (Please confirm the correct installation of anode and cathode).
Reason B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor.