PD36R PRO Operating Instructions
The round tail switch is the tactical switch for instant activation.
The oval tail switch is the functional switch for output selection and instant strobe.
Tap the tactical switch to silently and momentarily turn on the light, release the light will go out.
Fully press the tactical switch to constantly turn on the light, press again the light will go out.
With the light switched on, single click the functional switch to cycle through Turbo→Eco→Low→Med→High.
With the light switched on, press and hold the functional switch for 0.5 seconds to enter strobe, and click the functional switch once again to turn back to the general mode.
With the light switched off, press the functional switch to enter strobe, release the light will go out.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected output excluding strobe. When turned on again the previously used output of general mode will be recalled.
PD36R PRO Battery Specifications
Fenix ARB-L21-5000 V2.0
* 21700 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Unscrew the light tail and insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the light tail back on.
- First switch off the light and plug the USB A socket of the charging cable into an electrical outlet, then connect the USB Type-C socket of the charging cable to the light.
- The indicator will display red while charging, and will turn green when fully charged.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to close the anti-dust cover to maintain the dustproof and waterproof ability.
- The normal charging time of the included Fenix ARB-L21-5000 V2.0 rechargeable Li-ion battery is approximately 3 hours from depletion to full charging.
- Recharge a stored light every four months to maintain optimum performance of the battery.
- The light is unavailable while charging and do not remove the battery during charging.
Battery Level Indication
Each time the light is turned on, the indicator will indicate the battery level and will last for 3 seconds.
- Green light on: saturated 100% - 85%
- Green light flashes: sufficient 85% - 50%
- Red light on: poor 50% - 25%
- Red light flashes: critical 25% - 1%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21 series 21700 rechargeable Li-ion battery. Turbo mode cannot be activated when the battery is at or below approximately 50%.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on High or Turbo modes for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the light will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 60°C, it will then allow the user the reselection of High or Turbo modes.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. When this happens in Eco output mode, the battery level indicator constantly blinks red to remind you to timely recharge or replace the battery.
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21 series 21700 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using only a high-quality protected battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery for proper storage.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the light's performance as dirty contacts may cause the light to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: Poor battery level.
Solution: Recharge or replace the battery.
B: The contact or contact point of the battery or flashlight is dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
- Do place this light out of the reach of children!
- Do NOT shine the light directly into the eyes of anyone!
- Do NOT shine flammable objects at close range, to avoid burning objects or causing danger due to high temperature!
- Do NOT use the light in inappropriate ways such as biting in the mouth, to avoid personal injury or life threats when the light or internal battery fails!
- This light will accumulate a lot of heat while working, resulting in a high temperature of the flashlight shell. Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Turn off and lock the light or remove the battery from the light to prevent accidental activation when the light is placed in a closed and flammable environment such as pockets and backpacks!
- The LED of this flashlight is not replaceable; so the whole light should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.