The tail switch is the tactical switch, and the side switch is the functional switch.
Tap Slightly tap the tactical switch to momentarily turn on the light, release it the light will go out.
Fully press Fully press the tactical switch to constantly turn on the light, press once again to turn off the light.
PD36R Output Selection
With the light switched on, single click the functional switch to cycle through Turbo→Eco→Low→Med→High.
With the light switched on, press and hold the functional switch for 0.5 seconds to enter strobe, click once again to return back to General mode.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected output excluding strobe. When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled.
Unscrew the light head to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the light head back on.
Boot-up Battery Level Indication
Each time the light is turned on, the battery level indicator in the middle of the switch will automatically display the battery status for 3 seconds.
- Green constant on: 85% - 100%, saturated
- Green flashes: 50% - 85%, sufficient
- Red constant on: 25% - 50%, poor
- Red flashes: 1% - 25%, critical
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21-5000 21700 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
PD36R Overheat Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on Turbo or High for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 50°C or above, the light will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature: the light will downshift to 550 lumens if Turbo is being selected; the light will downshift to 450 lumens if High is being selected.
PD36R Time-limited Downshift
When the light is kept working on Turbo for over 15 minutes, the output will reduce to 900-550 lumens within 15 minutes. Note: Tested according to laboratory cooling test conditions. When High or Turbo is needed again, restart the light or directly cycle back if battery level allows.
When the voltage level drops below 3V, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. When this happens in Eco output mode, the battery level indicator blinks red to remind you to recharge or replace the battery so as not to shorten the life or damage the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will work until the battery runs out or the protection circuit activates. Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21-5000 21700 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
- When charging is needed, remove the dust cover to reveal the charging port in the light neck, and connect the light to the power source with the included USB Type-C charging cable.
- The indicator in the middle of the switch will be on and display red to indicate charging status, when the indicator turns green, the charging is completed. The normal charging time of the included Fenix ARB-L21-5000 rechargeable Li-ion battery is about 4 hours.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to remove the charging cable and push the dust cover back to protect the charging port from dust and foreign objects.
- Recharge a stored light every four months to maintain optimal battery performance.
- The light can be turned on lower outputs when it is in charging process, but the charging time will be prolonged by this act.
PD36R Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using a quality battery with proper built-in protections.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Lithium battery needs to be charged when it is near depletion. Please immediately charge the battery when it is depleted. It has no memory effect.
- Unscrew the tail cap half a turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare (included) when damaged.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the light's performance as dirty contacts may cause the light to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons: A: The battery needs replacing. Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications). B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty. Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes. This flashlight will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods, resulting in high temperature of the flashlight shell.