On/off of the Fenix PD32 V2.0 Flashlight
Tap the tail switch to momentarily turn on the light.
Press the tail switch to constantly turn on the light, press again to turn off the light.
With the light switched on, tap the tail switch to cycle through Low→Med→High.
In any state, press and hold the tail switch for 0.5 seconds to enter strobe. Tap the tail switch to turn back to previously used mode.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected output excluding strobe. When turned on again the previously used output of general mode will be recalled.
Battery Specifications of the Fenix PD32 V2.0 Flashlight
|Fenix ARB-L18 Series||18650||3.6V||Recommended||√√|
|Non-rechargeable Battery (Lithium)||CR123A||3V||Usable (no charging)||√|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||18650||3.6V||Caution*||！|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||16340||3.6V||Banned||×|
|Rechargeable Battery (LiFePO4)||18650||3.2V||Banned||×|
Warning: * 18650 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Unscrew the light tail to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the light tail back on.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on High output level for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the light will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 60°C, it will then allow the user for the reselection of High mode.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output mode, the battery level indicator blinks 3 times every 5 minutes to remind you to timely recharge or replace the battery.
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L18 18650 Li-ion battery.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the light tail or remove the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery pack / battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
- This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone's eyes.
- This flashlight will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods, resulting in high temperature of the flashlight shell. Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- All information provided in this manual is subject to change without prior notice.