On: With the lamp switched off, press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds to enter white light mode; double click the side switch to enter red light mode.
Off: With the lamp switched on, press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off the lamp.
In white light mode, single click the side switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Med→High→Turbo.
In red light mode, single click the side switch to cycle through Red Low→Red Med→Red Flash.
With the lamp switched on, press and hold the side switch for 1.2 seconds to select white or red mode.
Lock: when the lamp is switched off, press and hold the switch for 3 seconds, the lamp will blink red 4 times to indicate locked status.
Unlock: when the lamp is locked, press and hold the switch for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 4 one-second red blinks and activated on Red Low.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 4 one-second red blinks to indicate locked status.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The headlamp memorizes the last selected output in white light mode. When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled. Each time the Red Light mode is entered with Red Low
* The lamp is reentered with White High mode if it is previously switched off on Turbo mode.
Fenix ARB-L18 Series
3.6V / 3.7V
Non-rechargeable Battery (Lithium)
Warning: Do not mix batteries of different brands, sizes, capacities or types. Doing so may cause damage to the headlamp or the batteries being used.
*18650 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Unscrew the cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the inside, then screw the cap back on.
- Connect the USB port of the charging cable to the power source, then hold the magnetic end of the charging cable close to the charging port of the headlamp. The charging cable will attach to the charging port automatically and charging will begin.
- The indicator will display red while charging and will turn green when fully charged.
- When charging, the Eco, Low, Med of white light mode, and all red light modes can be used, but charging time will be prolonged。
- The normal charging time of the Fenix ARB-L18-3400 battery is 4 hours from depletion to full charging.
- The headlamp has a charging protection function. It will automatically end charging and indicating when the detected temperature is higher than 65°C.
- Recharge a stored headlamp every four months to maintain optimal battery performance.
Battery Level Indication
With the lamp switched off, single click the switch to check the battery status, the indicator will last for 3 seconds.
Green light on: saturated 100% - 85%
Green light flashes: sufficient 85% - 50%
Red light on: poor 50% - 25%
Red light flashes: critical 25% - 1%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L18 Series battery.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the headlamp is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output mode, the lamp blinks 3 times every 10 minutes to remind you to timely recharge or replace the battery.
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L18 Series battery.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The lamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used on High or Turbo modes for extended periods. When the lamp reaches a temperature of 65°C or above, the lamp will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 65°C, it will then allow the user the reselection of High or Turbo modes.
- The headband is factory assembled by default.
- Adjust the headband by sliding the buckle to the required length.
- Assemble the top headband to better fix the headlamp. First fix the headband mount to the headband, then fix one side of the top headband to the headlamp holder, and the other end to the top headband mount.
- Flashlight: Detach the lamp from the holder, it can be used as a flashlight.
- Chest light/Work light: With the detachable body clip, it can be used as a chest/work light.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the lamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality Fenix 18650 battery.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage.
- Lock the lamp or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace the battery (Ensure the battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The contact point or contact of the battery or headlamp is dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact the distributor.
- Do place this headlamp out of the reach of children!
- Do NOT shine the headlamp directly into the eyes of anyone!
- Do NOT shine flammable objects at close range, to avoid burning objects or causing danger due to high temperature!
- Do NOT use the headlamp in inappropriate ways such as biting in the mouth, to avoid personal injury or life threats when the headlamp or internal battery fails!
- This headlamp will accumulate a lot of heat while working, resulting in a high temperature of the headlamp shell. Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Turn off and lock the headlamp or remove the battery from the headlamp to prevent accidental activation when the headlamp is placed in a closed and flammable environment such as pockets and backpacks!
- The LED of this headlamp is not replaceable; so the whole headlamp should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.