With the lamp switched off, press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds, the lamp will light up on the previously used output level of white light mode.
With the lamp switched off, press and hold the side switch for 1.2 seconds, the lamp will light up on Low output level of red light mode.
With the lamp switched on, press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds again to turn off the lamp .
In white light mode, single click the side switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Med→High→Turbo.
In red light mode, single click the side switch to cycle through Red Low→Red Med→Red Flash.
With the lamp switched on, press and hold the side switch for 1.2 seconds to select white or red mode.
Lock: With the lamp switched off, double click the side switch, the lamp will blink 3 times/2Hz on Eco of white light mode to indicate locked status.
Unlock: With the lamp is locked, double click the side switch, the lamp will be activated with 3 2Hz blinks on Eco of white light mode and activates on Low of white light mode.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The headlamp memorizes the last selected output on Spotlight mode, when turned on again the previously used output on Spotlight mode will be recalled.
As of Oct. 2022 - *If the headlamp is turned off on Turbo level of Spotlight mode, when turned on again, it will be activated on High output of Spotlight mode.
|Fenix ARB-L18 Series||18650||3.6V||Recommended||√√|
|Non-rechargeable Battery (Lithium)||CR123A||3V||Usable||√|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||16340||3.7V||Banned||×|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||18650||3.7V/3.6V||Caution*||！|
|Rechargeable Battery (LiFePO4)||16340||3.2V||Usable||√|
|Rechargeable Battery (LiFePO4)||18650||3.2V||Banned||×|
Warning: Use quality Li-ion battery with protective circuits. Fenix ARB-L18 Series battery is recommended.
*18650 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Unscrew the battery cover to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the inner side, then screw the battery cover back on.
Magnetic Absorption Charging
Connect the USB port of the charging cable to the power source, then hold the magnetic end of the charging cable close to the charging port of the headlamp. The charging cable will attach to the charging port automatically and charging will begin.
- The rechargeable headlamp can be used while the it is being charged, but charging time will be prolonged.
- The normal charging time of the Fenix ARB-L18-3400 battery is 4 hours from depletion to full charging.
- Recharge a stored headlamp every four months to maintain optimal battery performance.
- In charging process, the indicators besides the charging port of the cable will display different charging status. Red light constant on: not fully charged; green light constant on: fully charged.
Battery Level Indication
With the lamp switched off, single click the side switch, the battery level indicator in the middle of the switch will automatically display the battery status for 3 seconds.
- Green constant on: 100% - 85%, saturated
- Green flashes: 85% - 50%, sufficient
- Red constant on: 50% - 25%, poor
- Red flashes: 25% - 1%, critical
- This only works with 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
- The lamp can be switched on during this process.
Low Voltage Warning
When the battery level is detected critical for currently used output, the battery level indicator will flash to remind. Replace the battery or recharge the lamp as soon as possible.
The lamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 65°C or above, the lamp will automatically step down a few lumens due to protection mechanism in the design. When the temperature is reduced, the output will gradually return.
Top Headband Removal/Assembly
Notice: The headband is factory assembled by default.
- Slip the headband out through the slot of the adjustment clip.
- Slide the adjustment clip through the back top band holder’s slit.
- Slide the adjustment clip through the secondary clip.
- Remove the secondary clip through the front top band holder’s slit.
To install the top band, just reverse these removal steps.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the lamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality Fenix 18650 battery.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact the distributor.
The rechargeable headlamp is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the lamp directly into anyone’s eyes.