On/off for E28R Rechargeable Flashlight
With the light unlocked, press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds to turn on/off the light.
With the light switched on, single click the side switch to cycle through Turbo→Eco→Low→Med→High.
Lock: with the light switched off, double click the switch within 0.5 seconds to lock the light, the light will blink twice on Eco to indicate locked status. Unlock: with the light locked, double click the switch within 0.5 seconds, the light will be unlocked and activated on Eco. *In locked status, clicking or pressing the switch will activate 2 one-second blinks on Eco to indicate locked status.
With the light switched on/off, press and hold the side switch for 1.2 seconds to enter Strobe, single click the side switch again to turn back to the previously used output level.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected output excluding strobe. When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled. (Update for purchases made after Sep 2022 - *If the light is turned off on Turbo mode, when turned on again, it will be activated on High mode.)
|Fenix ARB-L18 Series||18650||3.6V||Recommended||√√|
|Non-rechargeable Battery (Lithium)||CR123A||3V||Usable (no charging)||√|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||18650||3.6V/3.7V||Caution*||！|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||16340||3.6V/3.7V||Banned||×|
|Rechargeable Battery (LiFePO4)||16340||3.2V||Banned||×|
|Rechargeable Battery (LiFePO4)||18650||3.2V||Banned||×|
Warning: Do not mix batteries of different brands, sizes, capacities or types. Doing so may cause damage to the flashlight or to the batteries being used. * 18650 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Unscrew the light tail and insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the light tail back on.
Charging the E28R Rechargeable Flashlight
- First switch off the light and plug the USB A socket of the charging cable into an electrical outlet, then connect the USB Type-C socket of the charging cable to the light.
- The indicator will display red while charging, and will turn to green when fully charged.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to close the anti-dust cover. (The light features inner waterproofing treatment, thus the performance won't compromise even if there is water in the charging port).
- The normal charging time of the included Fenix ARB-L18-3400 rechargeable Li-ion battery is approximately 3 hours from depletion to full charging, with 5V/2A adapter.
- Recharge a stored light every four months to maintain optimum performance of the battery.
- The relatively Eco output is available while charging, but the charging time will be prolonged.
Battery Level Indication
With the light switched off, single click the side switch to check the battery status, the indicator will last for 3 seconds.
- Green light on: saturated 100% - 85%
- Green light flashes: sufficient 85% - 50%
- Red light on: poor 50% - 25%
- Red light flashes: critical 25% - 1%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L18 Series 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Intelligent Downshift Time-limited Downshift
The light will downshift to 900 lumens within 30 seconds when it has been used on Turbo for 1 minute.
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on Turbo or High output level for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the light will automatically step down by 5% every 10 seconds to reduce the temperature, and until to 350 lumens. When the temperature is reduced below 60°C, the light will automatically step up by 5% every 10 seconds, and it will then allow the user for the reselection of Turbo mode.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level of 3V, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. When this happens in Eco output mode, the battery level indicator blinks red to remind you to recharge the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work till the battery level runs out or the protection board activates. Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L18 18650 Li-ion battery.
Usage and Maintenance of the E28R Rechargeable Flashlight
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Lock the light or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation. Recharge a stored battery every four months to maintain optimal battery performance.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons: A: The battery needs replacing. Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications). B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty. Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
- This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone's eyes.
- This flashlight will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods, resulting in high temperature of the flashlight shell. Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- All information provided in this manual is subject to change without prior notice.