With the light unlocked, press and hold the side switch for 0.5s to turn on/off.
With the light switched on, single click the side switch to cycle through Low→Med→High→Turbo.
With the light unlocked, press and hold the side switch for 1.2s to enter strobe, click once again to turn back to Low.
Electronic Lockout Function
Lock: With the light unlocked, press the side switch twice within 0.5s. The light will blink twice on Med to indicate locked status.
Unlock: With the light locked, press the side switch twice within 0.5s. The light will be unlocked and activated on Low.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 2 one-second blinks to indicate locked status.
Physical Lockout Function
Rotate the body clip to right above the side switch to avoid accidental activation. Move the two-way body clip away for normal use.
Unscrew the tail cap and insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the tail cap back on.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output mode, the battery level indicator blinks red to remind you to recharge the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work till the battery level runs out. Note: This only works with 16340 Li-ion battery.
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on High output level for extended periods. When the light has been used on Turbo for a certain time, the light will automatically step down by a few lumens to reduce the temperature. Turbo mode can be reselected.
Battery Level Indication
With the light switched off, single click the switch to check the battery status. The battery level indicator will display the battery status for 3 seconds.
Green constant on: saturated (100% - 85%)
Green flashes: sufficient (85% - 50%)
Red constant on: poor (50% - 25%)
Red flashes: critical (25% - 1%)
Magnetic Absorption Charging
Connect the USB AM port of the charging cable to the power source, then hold the magnetic end of the charging cable close to the flashlight. The charging cable will attach to the charging port automatically and charging will begin. Note: 1. Recharge a stored light every four months to maintain optimal battery performance. 2. The flashlight can be used while the light is being charged, but charging time will be prolonged.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Lock the light or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation. Recharge a stored battery every four months to maintain optimal battery performance.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.