With the lantern switched off, rotate the toggle switch to any output to turn on the
lantern or press and hold the switch to turn on the lantern.
With the lantern switched on, rotate the toggle switch to " " to turn off the lantern or
press and hold the switch to turn off the lantern.
Mode A is 360° all-around light mode, Mode B is Down light mode.
With the lantern switched off, rotate the toggle switch clockwise to turn on the lantern and enter Mode A.
With the lantern switched off, rotate the toggle switch counterclockwise to turn on the lantern and enter Mode B.
With the lantern switched off, press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to enter the Red light mode, press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds again to exit the Red light mode and turn off the lantern.
Mode A and Mode B combined lighting:
In Mode A, press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to simultaneously enter Mode B. Press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds again to exit Mode B.
In Mode B, press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to simultaneously enter Mode A. Press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds again to exit Mode A.
Mode A: Rotate the toggle switch clockwise to select Front→Low→Med→High.
Mode B: Rotate the toggle switch counterclockwise to select Down 1→Down 2→Down 3.
Mode A and Mode B combined lighting:
In Mode A, simultaneously enter Mode B and single click the switch to cycle through Down 1→Down 2→Down 3(Mode A output remains the same).
In Mode B, simultaneously enter Mode A and single click the switch to cycle through Front→ Low→Med→High(Mode B output remains the same).
In Red light mode, single click the switch to select between Red light and Red flash.
Fenix ARB-L21-5000 series
Fenix ARB-L18 series
Rechargeable battery (Li-ion)
Rechargeable battery (Li-ion)
*The Fenix ARB-L18 series battery must be combined with a Fenix ALF-18 battery holder while using.
**21700 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only using quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; cell damage or short circuiting are considered user induced damage and are not covered by any Fenix warranty or liability.
Unscrew the top cap and insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the down light end, then screw the light cap back on.
- Open the anti-dust cover to reveal the charging port, plug the USB-A end of the charging cable into an electrical outlet, then connect the USB Type-C end of the charging cable to the lantern.
- When charging, the charging indicators will flash from left to right to display charging status.
- All four indicators will be constant-on after charging is complete.
- Only Front, Low(25 lumens maximum), Down 1, Down 2(25 lumens maximum), Red light, Red flash outputs can be operated while charging.
- Be sure to close the anti-dust cover once charging is completed.
- The normal charging time is about 3.5 hours from fully depleted to fully charged with the light off.
- Mode A and Mode B cannot be operated simultaneously while charging.
Power Bank Function
- Open the anti-dust cover to reveal the discharging port, insert the USB Type-A end of the charging cable into the USB discharging port of lantern, then connect the USB Type-C end of the charging cable to the USB Type-C port of the digital device to be charged.
- Turning the lantern on will automatically start charging your digital device. The LED indicators will recede from right to left to indicate the discharging status.
- With the lantern switched off, either single click the switch, rotate the toggle switch, or press and hold the switch to activate the lantern for device charging.
- If the battery voltage is lower than 3.0 V, the lantern will stop discharging automatically.
- High output is not available while discharging. If the user selects the High output setting, the lantern will automatically shift to Med output.
- Mode A and mode B cannot be operated simultaneously while discharging.
Battery level indication
Each time the light is turned on, the indicator(s) will indicate the battery level and will last for 5 seconds. With the light switched off, single click the switch to check the battery status. The battery level indicator(s) will display the battery status for 5 seconds.
Four lights on: 100% - 80%
Three lights on: 80% - 60%
Two lights on: 60% - 40%
One light on: 40% - 20%
One light flashes: 20%-1%
Note: This feature only works with the Fenix ARB-L21-5000 V2.0 battery.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The lantern will accumulate a lot of heat when used at high output levels for extended periods. When the lantern reaches a temperature of 48°C/118°F or above, the lantern will automatically step down a few lumens every 0.5 seconds to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 46°C/115°F, the lantern automatically recalls the previously used output level.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, one indicator flashes to remind you to recharge the battery. To ensure normal use, the lantern will not turn off automatically and will work till the battery runs out.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the lantern and will void the warranty.
- Keep the lantern fully charged to ensure that all functions are available at any time in the future.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the lantern will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lantern could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Recharge a stored lantern every three months to maintain optimum performance of the battery.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lantern's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lantern to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: Poor battery level.
Solution: Replace or recharge the battery (Ensure the battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
- DO NOT place this lantern in reach of children!
- Do NOT shine the lantern directly into the eyes of anyone!
- Do NOT place light head near flammable objects as high temperatures can cause objects to overheat and become flammable/ignite!
- Do NOT use the lantern in inappropriate ways such as holding the unit in your mouth. If the battery were to fail while doing so death or serious injury could result.
- This lantern will accumulate a lot of heat while operating, resulting in a high temperature of the lantern outer case. Pay close attention to the thermal condition of the lantern to avoid burns.
- Remove the battery from the lantern to prevent accidental activation when the lantern is placed in a closed-in and flammable environment such as pockets and backpacks!
- The LED of this lantern is not replaceable; so the whole lantern will need to be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its lifespan.