Operating Instructions for the C7
- With the light switched off, press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds to enter general mode.
- With the light switched on, press and hold the side switch for 1.2 seconds to enter flash mode.
- With the light switched on, press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off the light.
With the light switched on, press and hold the side switch for 1.2 seconds to switch between general mode and flash mode.
- In general mode, single click the side switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Med→High→Turbo.
- In flash mode, single click the side switch cycle through Strobe→SOS.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected output on general mode. When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled. Each time the light will enter strobe when flash mode is selected.
- Lock: with the light switched off, double click the switch within 0.5 seconds to lock the light, the light will blink twice on Eco to indicate locked status.
- Unlock: with the light locked, double click the switch within 0.5 seconds, the light will be unlocked and activated on Eco.
*In locked status, clicking or pressing the switch will activate 2 one-second blinks on Eco to indicate locked status.
|Fenix ARB-L21 Series||21700||3.6V/3.7V||Recommended||√√|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||21700||3.6V/3.7V||Caution||！|
* 21700 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Unscrew the tail cap and insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the tail cap back on.
- Reveal the USB Type-C charging port and plug the USB A socket of the charging cable into an electrical outlet, then connect the USB Type-C socket of the charging cable to the light.
- The normal charging time is approximately 3 hours from depletion to full charging with the light switched off. When charging, the flashlight can be normally used on Eco mode, but charging time will be prolonged.
- The indicator will display red while charging and will turn green when fully charged.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to replace the USB cap to maintain the dustproof and waterproof ability.
* The charging input is 5V/2A, the adapter and mobile power bank of this specification can be used to charge the flashlight. * Recharge a stored headlamp every four months to maintain optimal Li-ion battery performance.
Battery Level Indication
With the light switched off, single click the switch to check the battery status, the indicator will last for 3 seconds.
- Green light on: saturated 100% - 85%
- Green light flashes: sufficient 85% - 50%
- Red light on: poor 50% - 25%
- Red light flashes: critical 25% -1%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21-5000 battery.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used at a relatively high mode for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the light will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 60°C, it will then allow the user for the reselection of the mode.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco mode is reached.
When the voltage remains low in Eco mode, the light blinks three times every five minutes to remind you to timely recharge or replace the battery. Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21-5000 battery.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using only a high-quality protected battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery for proper storage.
- Lock the light or remove the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the light's performance as dirty contacts may cause the light to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: Poor battery level.
Solution: Recharge battery.
B: The contact or contact point of the battery or flashlight is dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
- The flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.
- This flashlight will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods, resulting in a high temperature of the flashlight Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Do not shine an object at close range, to avoid burning the object or causing danger due to high temperature.
- The LED of this flashlight is not designed to replaceable; so the entire light should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.
- If any of the information provided in this manual is changed, the new version of the manual shall prevail; if your included user manual is an old one, it acquiesces that we won't send a new manual.