Tap the tail switch to momentarily turn on the light, release it the light goes out. Fully press the tail switch to turn ON/OFF the light.
With the light on, single-click the side switch to cycle through Turbo→Low→Mid→High→Eco.
Strobe and SOS
With the light on, press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds to enter into Strobe mode.
Under Strobe mode, single-click the side switch to cycle through Strobe→SOS.
Then press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds to turn back to General mode.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The flashlight memorizes the last-used brightness level in the General mode, but not Strobe and SOS. The next time you turn on the flashlight, it will activate the last brightness level you selected.
The flashlight will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working at Turbo and High brightness level. When it works at Turbo for 3 minutes or at High for 30 minutes, the flashlight will automatically downshift to lower output to prevent the light from overheating. If the Turbo or High output is needed, please reset it again. But the flashlight could be damaged or the normal service life would be shortened because of continuous use like this.
Low-voltage Warning Function
If low voltage is detected, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until to Eco brightness level. When this happens at Eco output mode, the flashlight blinks three times every five minutes to remind you to replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work until the battery runs out completely.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, and then screw the tail cap.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using excellent quality battery. If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap one-half turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
Reason A: The batteries need replacing.
Solution: Replace batteries (Please confirm the correct installation of anode and cathode).
Reason B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor. Notice: The routine cleaning video can be watched and downloaded through Fenix official website, please log onto the service channel->“maintenance for light”.
The flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.