When the light is on, press and hold on the side switch for 3 seconds till the LED flashes twice at Low output, and then to cycle through Tactical Mode → Outdoor Mode.
Slightly tap the tail switch to turn on the light temporarily, release it the light will go out. Fully press on the tail switch to turn on the light constantly, press once again to turn it off.
With the light on, single-click the side switch to cycle through Low→Mid→High→Turbo.
Notice: Under this mode, the flashlight memorizes the last used brightness level. The next time you turn it on, it will recall that previously brightness level, but it will not remember the Strobe/SOS.
Strobe and SOS
With the light on, long press the side switch for 0.5 second to enter Strobe mode. Under Strobe mode, click the side switch to circle through Strobe→SOS. Long press the side switch again to turn back to general mode.
Fully press on the tail switch to turn on the light constantly, press once again to turn it off.
Slightly tap the tail switch to turn the light on temporarily, release it the light will go out, tap the tail switch again in 1 second, the light will cycle through Turbo → Strobe → Mid.
Continue to fully press on the tail switch after selecting the needed output mode, the light will last on present output mode.
1. Under this mode, Turbo mode is defaulted when the light turned on.
2. Under this mode, the side switch only works on Mode Switching.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the batteries with the anode side (+) toward the light's head, screw the tail cap back on.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix strongly recommends using high-performance Ni-MH rechargeable batteries to get most out of this flashlight. Alkaline batteries will reduce the runtime significantly.
- Fenix recommends using excellent quality battery. If the flashlight will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the flashlight could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap one-half turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transport.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the light’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the flashlight flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
Reason A: The batteries need replacing.
Solution: Replace batteries (Please confirm the correct installation of anode and cathode).
Reason B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor. Notice: The routine cleaning video can be watched and downloaded through Fenix Official Website, please log onto the service channel->“maintenance for light”
The flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.