The tail cap switch is the power switch (ON/OFF) and the side button switch is the mode switch.
Tap the power switch to momentarily turn on the light, release the power switch and the light will go out. Fully press the power switch to turn on the light and lock it, another press to unlock and turn it off.
When the light is on, single-click the mode switch to cycle through Low→Mid→High→Turbo. Press and hold the mode switch for about 0.5 seconds to enter Strobe, single-click the mode switch to return back to General Mode.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The flashlight memorizes the last-used brightness level in the General Mode, the next time it is turned on, it will recall that previously used General brightness level.
When uses 14500 rechargeable Li-ion battery, the light will automatically downshift to 150 lumens from Turbo after working 5 minutes to prevent the light surface from overheating.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until to Low output. When this happens in Low output mode, the flashlight blinks three times every five minutes to remind you to charge the light or replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work till the battery runs out completely or the over-discharge protection stops the battery from working. Note:
- Each time the light is turned on, it will automatically check present battery voltage and determine corresponding circuit operating mode.
- The low-voltage reminder only works on 14500 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
- For handy operation, the light will automatically downshift the output level in cycle when the battery level is poor.
Unscrew the light head to insert the battery with the anode side (+) toward the light's head, then screw the light head back on.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using excellent quality battery. If the flashlight will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the flashlight could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the light body one-half turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the flashlight's performance as dirty contacts may cause the flashlight to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
Reason A: The batteries need replacing.
Solution: Replace batteries (Please confirm the correct installation of anode and cathode).
Reason B: The threads, PCB boards contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor.
The flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.