When the light is off and unlocked, press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds to turn it on. When the light is on, press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds to turn it off.
With the light on, single-click the side switch to cycle through Low→Mid→High→Turbo.
Under unlocked state, press and hold the side switch for 1.2 seconds to enter into Strobe, click again to turn back to previously used General brightness level.
Lock: When the light is off and unlocked, double-click the side switch in 0.5 seconds, the light will blink at Mid twice and then go out, indicating the light is locked.
Unlock: When the light is off and locked, double-click the side switch in 0.5 seconds, the light will be unlocked and power on the last-used output level. Note: In locked state, the light only responds unlocking operation, press the side switch, the light will blink twice to remind the light is under locked state.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The flashlight memorizes the last brightness level used in the General mode, the next time it is turned on, it will recall that previously used General brightness level.
The flashlight will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working at Turbo brightness level. When it works at Turbo for 5 minutes, the flashlight will automatically downshift to High output to prevent the light from overheating. If the Turbo output is needed, please reset it again. But the flashlight could be damaged or the normal service life could be shortened because of continuous use like this.
Low-voltage Warning Function
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level. When this happens in Low output mode, the flashlight blinks three times every five minutes to remind you to charge the light or replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work until the over-discharge function stops the battery from working.
Note: This only works on 14500 rechargeable Li-ion battery. When the voltage of 14500 battery is detected lower than 3V, low-voltage warning function will fail if the flashlight is turned on again.
Magnetic Suction Charging
Connect the USB AM port of the charging cable to the power source, the indicator light will turn green. Then draw the magnetic end of the charging cable close to the flashlight, the charging cable will absorb to the charging port automatically and the charging has begun. The indicator light will flash green in charging process. Last the indicator light turns solid green when charging completely done. The normal charging time is about 1.5 hours.
- RC05 only charges normal on 14500 rechargeable battery, Fenix ARB-L14-800 battery with protective circuit is recommended.
- Charging with the light on is not recommended, doing so may cause extended charging time or less fully charged battery. If emergency lighting is needed, the flashlight is only available at Mid output level when it is charging.
Unscrew the light body to insert the battery with the anode side (+) toward the light's head, screw the light body back on.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using excellent quality battery. If the flashlight will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the flashlight could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the light body one-half turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the flashlight's performance as dirty contacts may cause the flashlight to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
Reason A: The batteries need replacing.
Solution: Replace batteries (Please confirm the correct installation of anode and cathode).
Reason B: The threads, PCB boards contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor.
The flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.