The tail switch is the tactical switch, and the side switch is the functional switch.
Tap Slightly tap the tactical switch to momentarily turn on the light, release it the light will go out.
Fully press Fully press the tactical switch to constantly turn on the light, press once again to turn off the light.
With the light switched on, single click the functional switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Med→High→Turbo.
With the light switched on, press and hold the functional switch for 0.5 seconds to enter strobe, click once again to return back to General mode.
Boot-up Battery Level Indication
Each time the light is turned on, the battery level indicator will automatically display the battery status for 3 seconds. Green constant on: saturated Green flashes: sufficient Red constant on: poor Red flashes: critical Note: This only works on rechargeable LI-ion 18650 battery.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the tail cap back on.
When the voltage level drops below 3V, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. When this happens in Eco output mode, the battery level indicator will display red and the flashlight blinks every three seconds to remind you to replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will work until the battery runs out or the battery over-discharging protection activates.
Note: This only works on rechargeable LI-ion 18650 battery.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected brightness level on General mode. When turned on again the previously used brightness level will be recalled.
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working at Turbo mode. When the light is overheated up to 65°C or above, the flashlight will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature; when the temperature is lower than 65°C, the output will gradually return to Turbo output level.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap half a turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
- A: The battery needs replacing. Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
- B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty. Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.