Spotlight switch: for on/off, mode switching , lockout function and output selection on spotlight mode.
Floodlight switch: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function and output selection on floodlight mode.
On: with the lamp switched off, press and hold the right switch for 0.5 seconds to enter the spotlight mode; with the lamp switched off, press and hold the left switch for 0.5 seconds to enter the floodlight mode.
Off: with the lamp switched on, press and hold either of the switches for 0.5 seconds to turn off the lamp.
In Spotlight mode, single click the floodlight switch to activate Low output of floodlight mode.
In floodlight mode, single click the spotlight switch to activate the last used output of spotlight mode.
In spotlight mode, with the lamp switched on, single click the spotlight switch to cycle through Low→Med→High.
In floodlight mode, with the lamp switched on, single click the floodlight switch to cycle through Low→Med→High→SOS.
Lock: when the lamp is switched off, press and hold either of the switches, or simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will blink four times on Low of floodlight mode to indicate locked status.
Unlock: when the lamp is locked, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 4 one-second blinks and activated on Low of floodlight mode.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 4 one-second blinks on Low of floodlight mode to indicate locked status.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
With the lamp switched off: turn on the lamp to enter the spotlight mode,the headlamp memorizes the last selected output on spotlight mode;floodlight mode cannot memorize the last selected output. Each time the floodlight mode is entered with Low output of floodlight mode.
With the lamp switched on: while switching between the two modes, the headlamp memorizes the output of either of the modes.
Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)
Warning: Do not mix batteries of different brands, sizes, capacities or types. Doing so may cause damage to the headlamp or the batteries being used.
*Only use recommended or usable batteries. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
- Pull battery cover latch with Fenix logo that is located between the switches to open the tail cap.
- Insert the battery/batteries in accordance with the polarity marks.
- Replace the tail cap.
As the user’s step frequency increases or decreases, the brightness will gradually increase or decrease accordingly.
- Uncover the left anti-dust cap and plug the USB Type-C side of the charging cable into the charging port of the lamp; when charging is complete, replace the anti-dust cap to ensure waterproof and dustproof ability.
- In charging process, four indicators flash: below 20%, one constant-on and three flash: 20% - 50%, two constant-on and two flash: 50% - 80%, three constant-on and one flashes: 80% - 95%, four constant-on: charging complete.
- When charging, the Low of either of the modes can be used.
- The normal charging time is 3 hours from depletion to full charging.
- The headlamp has a charging protection function. It will automatically end charging and indicating when the detected temperature is higher than 65°C.
- Recharge a stored headlamp every four months to maintain optimal battery performance.
Battery Level Indication
With the light switched off, single click either of the switches to check the battery level and indicator(s) will last for 3 s.
Four blue lights on: 100% - 80%
Three blue lights on: 80% - 60%
Two blue lights on: 60% - 40%
One blue light on: 40% - 20%
One blue light flashes: 20% - 1%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-LP1900 battery.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the headlamp is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output, the battery level indicator blinks to remind you to timely recharge or replace the battery.
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-LP1900 battery.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The lamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used at relatively high output levels for extended periods. When the lamp reaches a temperature of 65°C or above, the lamp will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 65°C, it will then allow the user to reselection the modes.
1. The headband is factory assembled by default.
2. Adjust the headband by sliding the buckle to the required length.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the lamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality Fenix battery.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage. Lock the lamp or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace the battery (Ensure the battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The contact point or contact of the battery or headlamp is dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact the distributor.
- Do NOT place this headlamp in the reach of children!
- Do NOT shine the headlamp directly into the eyes of anyone!
- Do NOT shine flammable objects at close range, to avoid burning objects or causing danger due to high temperature!
- Do NOT use the headlamp in inappropriate ways such as biting in the mouth, to avoid personal injury or life threats when the headlamp or internal battery fails!
- This headlamp will accumulate a lot of heat while working, resulting in a high temperature of the headlamp shell. Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Turn off and lock the headlamp or remove the battery from the headlamp to prevent accidental activation when the headlamp is placed in a closed and flammable environment such as pockets and backpacks!
- The LED of this headlamp is not replaceable; so the whole headlamp should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.