The tail cap switch is the tactical switch, and the side button switch is the functional switch.
Tap the tactical switch to turn on the light momentarily, release it and the light will go out. Fully press the tactical switch to turn on the light constantly, press once again to switch off the light.
With the light on, single clicking the functional switch continually, the light will cycle through Turbo→Low→Med→High.
With the light on, press and hold the functional switch for 0.5 seconds to activate Strobe; with another single click the light will return to previously used General brightness level.
Spotlight and Floodlight Adjustment
The factory default will be total floodlight. Rotate the focusing ring to regulate the lens focus, thus changing between spotlight and floodlight.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The flashlight memorizes the last brightness level used in the General mode. The next time it is turned on, it will recall the previously used General brightness level.
Time control: The light will downshift from Turbo to High after 5 working minutes.
Heat control: The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used at Turbo output level for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 55℃ or above, it will automatically step down by a few lumens to reduce temperature. When the temperature is reduced, the output will gradually return.
Low-voltage Downshift Function
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to lower brightness levels until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output mode, the flashlight blinks three times every five minutes to remind you to charge the light or replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off and will work until the over-discharge function stops the battery from working.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using excellent quality batteries.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Continuous usage at Turbo brightness level in hot or poor heat dissipation environment, the light may activate overheat protection or light beam trembling. To maintain normal usage, please lower brightness level to cool down the flashlight.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper watertight seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing. Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications). B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty. Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol. If the above methods don't work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor.
The flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.