Operating Instructions for the BC26R Bike Light
On/off Press and hold the side switch for 0.5 seconds to turn on/off the light.
With the light switched on, single click the switch to cycle through Low→Med→High→Turbo.
With the light switched on, double click the switch to enter flash mode, single click again to exit flash mode and return to the previously used mode.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The bicycle light memorizes the last selected output excluding Flash mode. When turned on again the previously used mode will be recalled.
|Fenix ARB-L21 Series||21700||3.6V||Recommended||√√|
|Fenix ARB-L18 Series||18650||3.6V||Usable (with ALF-18 battery holder)||√|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||16340||3.6V||Banned||×|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||18650||3.6V||Banned||×|
|Rechargeable Battery (LiFePO4)||16340||3.2V||Banned||×|
|Rechargeable Battery (LiFePO4)||18650||3.2V||Banned||×|
Warning: *21700Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Unscrew the tail cap and insert the battery following the polarity marks, then screw the cap back on.
Charging the BC26R
- Switch off the light and open the USB cap to reveal the USB Type-C charging port and plug the USB A socket of the charging cable into an electrical outlet, then connect the USB Type-C socket of the charging cable to the light.
- The indicator will display red while charging and will turn green when fully charged.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to tighten the light head to maintain the dustproof and waterproof ability.
- The normal charging time of the included Fenix ARB-L21-5000is approximately 4 hours from depletion to full charging.
- Recharge a stored light every four months to maintain the optimum performance of the battery.
- The Low output is available while charging, but the charging time will be prolonged.
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21-5000 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Battery Level Indication
Each time the light is turned on, the indicator will indicate the battery level and will last for 3 seconds.
- Green light on: saturated 100% - 85%
- Green light flashes: sufficient 85% - 50%
- Red light on: poor 50% - 25%
- Red light flashes: critical 25% - 1%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21 series 21700 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used at relatively high modes for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the light will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 60°C, it will then allow the user to reselect the modes.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the bicycle light is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output, the battery level indicator constantly blinks red to remind you to recharge or replace the battery. Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21 series 21700 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Usage and Maintenance for the BC26R Bike Light
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using only a high-quality protected battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery for proper storage.
- Unscrew the tail cap or remove the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the light's performance as dirty contacts may cause the light to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: Poor battery level.
Solution: Recharge or replace the battery.
B: The contact or contact point of the battery or bicycle light is dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
- The bicycle light is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.
- This bicycle light will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods, resulting in a high temperature of the bicycle lights hell. Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Do not shine an object at close range, to avoid burning the object or causing danger due to high temperature.
- The LED of this bicycle light is not replaceable; so the entire light should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.
- If any of the information provided in this manual is changed, the new version of the manual shall prevail; if your included user manual is an old one, it acquiesces that we won't send a new manual.