With the light switched off, press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to turn on the light.
With the light switched on, press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off the light.
With the light switched on, single click the switch to cycle through Low→Med→High.
Note: Only Med and Low can be selected when 2 AA batteries are used.
With the light switched on, a fast double click on the switch to select spot- and floodlights.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected output and mode. When turned on again the previously used output and mode will be recalled.
Unfasten the lock catch, and pull open the tail cap to insert the included ARB-LP-2000U Li-polymer battery pack according to the arrow shape, or to insert 2 AA batteries in accordance with the polarity mark, then replace the tail cap and fasten the lock catch.
Low Voltage Warning
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output, the battery level indicator blinks to remind you to recharge or replace the battery.
Note: This only works with the included ARB-LP-2000U Li-polymer battery pack.
Battery Level Indicator
With the light switched off, single click the switch to check the battery status, the indicator will last for 5 seconds.
- Four lights on: 100% – 80%
- Three lights on:80% – 60%
- Two lights on:60% – 40%
- One light on: 40% – 20%
- One light flashes: 20% – 0
- When charging is needed, take out the battery pack and then connect it to the power source with the Micro USB charging cable. The indicator on the top of the battery pack will be on and display red to indicate charging status, when the indicator turns blue, the charging is completed.
- Recharge a stored light every four months to maintain optimal battery performance.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality AA battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery pack /battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.