Operating Instructions for the Fenix HM50R V2.0 Rechargeable Headlamp
- With the lamp switched off, press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to enter white light mode.
- With the lamp switched off, double click the switch to enter red light mode.
- With the lamp switched on, press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off the lamp.
- White light mode: single click the switch to cycle through Low →Med →High→ Turbo. (with intelligent memory circuit)
- Red light mode: single click the switch to cycle through Red light →Red flash. (without intelligent memory circuit)
- Lock: when the lamp is switched off, press and hold the switch for 3 seconds, the lamp will be switched on white light and then blink red four times to indicate locked status.
- Unlock: when the lamp is locked, press the switch for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 4 one-second red blinks and activated on Red Light.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the switch will activate 4 one-second red blinks to indicate locked status.
Battery Specifications for the Fenix HM50R V2.0 Rechargeable Headlamp
|Fenix ARB-L16 Series||16340||3.6/3.7V||Recommended||√√|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||16340||3.7V||Usable||√|
|Non-rechargeable Battery (LiFePO4)||16340||3.2V||Usable (no charging)||√|
|Non-rechargeable Battery (Lithium)||CR123A||3V||Caution||!|
Warning: *16340 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
If using a Non-rechargeable Lithium CR123A battery, please note that only low and medium modes of the white light can be reached, for a maximum 130 lumens.
- Unscrew the cap to insert the battery in accordance with the polarity marks, then screw the cap back on.
- Uncover the cap and plug the USB Type-C side of the charging cable into the charging port of the lamp.
- The indicator will display red while charging and will turn green when fully charged.
- The normal charging time of the included Fenix ARB-L16-700P 16340 rechargeable Li-ion battery is about 1.5 hours.
- When charging, the headlamp can be normally used on Low, Red, Red flash, but charging time will be prolonged.
- When charging is complete, replace the anti-dust cap to ensure waterproof and dustproof ability.
- Recharge a stored headlamp every four months to maintain optimal Li-ion battery performance.* Charging protection: when charging, if the lamp reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the lamp will automatically exit charging status and enter sleeping mode.
Battery Level Indication
With the lamp switched off, single click the switch to check the battery status, the indicator will last for 3 seconds.
- Green light on: saturated 100% - 80%
- Green light flashes: sufficient 80% - 50%
- Red light on: poor 50% - 20%
- Red light flashes: critical 20% - 0%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L16-700P battery.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The lamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used at Turbo mode for extended periods. When the lamp reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the lamp will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 60°C, it will then allow the user for the reselection of Turbo mode.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the headlamp is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low mode is reached. When this happens in Low mode, the battery level indicator blinks to remind you to timely recharge or replace the battery. Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L16-700P battery.
- The headband is factory assembled by default.
- The headlamp bracket is made of reinforced silicone material, which has good tear resistance and mechanical strength; it is resistant to low/high temperature, ultraviolet rays, acid and alkali corrosion; it is comfortable to the touch and will not cause corrosion allergy.
- If the headband is stained with sweat and mud, it can be washed directly.
- Detach the headlamp from the holder it can be used as a work flashlight.
Usage and Maintenance for the Fenix HM50R V2.0 Rechargeable Headlamp
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the lamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality Fenix battery.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage.
- Lock the lamp or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons: A: The battery needs replacing. Solution: Replace the battery (Ensure the battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications). B: The contact point or contact of the battery or headlamp is dirty. Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.If the above methods don't work, please contact the distributor.
- The headlamp is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the lamp directly into anyone’s eyes.
- This headlamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods, resulting in a high temperature of the headlamp Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Do not shine an object at close range, avoid burning the object or causing danger due to high temperature.
- The LED of this headlamp is not replaceable; so the entire lamp should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.
- If any of the information provided in this manual is changed, the new version of the manual shall prevail; if your included user manual is an old one, it acquiesces that we won't send a new manual.