With the light off, press and hold the FENIX switch for 0.5 seconds to turn on the light with the last used brightness.
With the light off, press and hold the MINUS switch for 0.5 seconds to turn on the light with 200-lumen output.
With the light off, press and hold the PLUS switch for 0.5 seconds to turn on the light with 5000-lumen output.
With the light on, press and hold the FENIX switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off the light.
With the light turned on:
- Output ranges from 100 lumens to 9000 lumens
- Single click the PLUS switch, for each single clicking, the output will increase 100 lumens. Press PLUS switch over 0.5 seconds, then the output will increase 1000 lumens for each pressing.
- Single click the MINUS switch, for each single clicking, the output will decrease 100 lumens. Press MINUS switch over 0.5 seconds, then the output will decrease 1000 lumens for each pressing.
In any status, press and hold the FENIX switch over 1.2 seconds to enter strobe, click once again to return to the last used brightness.
With the light switched on, single click the FENIX switch to enter Turbo, click once again to return to the last used brightness.
Lock: With the light switched off and unlocked, continuously click the FENIX switch twice within 0.5 seconds, the OLED screen will display locking icon, indicating the light enters locked status.
Unlock: With the light switched off and locked, continuously click the FENIX switch twice within 0.5 seconds, the light will be unlocked and activated on last used brightness.
In locked status, clicking or pressing any switch, the light will be unresponsive to indicate locked status.
Battery Level Indication
With the light switched off, single click the FENIX switch, the OLED screen will display the battery status percentage, and then goes out in 5 seconds.
Charging and Power Bank Function
Charging: Plug the USB side of the charging cable into the any USB power supply, uncover the anti-dust cap of the light. And plug the Micro USB side of the charging cable into the charging port of the light. When charging the OLED screen will display charging icon, and current battery level will be displayed. The normal charging time is about 6 hours.
Power bank function: Plug the USB side of any digital device into the USB side of the light. Then the light will display discharging icon when discharging begins. The max discharging current is 2A.
- The light can be turned on when it is in charging and discharging status, but only 100 lumens output can be reached.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to remove the charging cable and replace the anti-dust cap to protect from dust and foreign objects.
- Recharge a stored light every four months to maintain optimum performance of the battery.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected brightness level on General mode. When turned on again the previously used brightness level will be recalled.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working at high output levels. When the light is overheated up to 65 ℃ or above, the output will be automatically downshifted by the step of 1000 lumens until 2500 lumens is reached to reduce the temperature. High output levels can be reselected by pressing switch when the temperature is lowered than 65 ℃.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift by the step of 1000 lumens until 100 lumens is reached. Until the battery protection circuit activates to turn off the flashlight.
The standardly configured battery is ARB-L45-14000 (7.2V/7000mAh), Fenix batteries with the same type can be used.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the included battery which features reverse polarity protection, so the anode can be neglected, then screw the tail cap back on.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Unscrew the tail cap half a turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes. This flashlight is so powerful that it can cause a fire when holding the beam to flammable materials such as paper, cardboard, and more.