Operating Instructions for the LD22 V2.0 Flashlight
The tail switch is the tactical switch and the side switch is the functional switch. Tap the tactical switch to momentarily turn on the light, release the light will go out.
Fully press the tactical switch to constantly turn on the light, press again to turn off the light.
With the light switch on, single click the functional switch to cycle through Eco →Low→Med →High→Turbo. (Turbo can not be activated if uses AA battery)
With the light switched on, press and hold the functional switch for 0.5 seconds to enter flash mode, single click again to cycle through Strobe→SOS. Press and hold the functional switch again for 0.5 seconds to turn back to the previously used general mode.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected output excluding strobe. When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled.
* ARB-L14-1100U can be directly charged with the USB Type-C charging cable.
Unscrew the light tail and insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the light tail back on.
- Switch off the light and loosen the light tail to take out the ARB-L14-1100U and plug the USB A socket of the charging cable into an electrical outlet, then connect the USB Type-C socket of the charging cable to the battery.
- The indicator will display red while charging and will turn blue when fully charged.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used at relatively high modes for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the light will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 60°C, it will then allow the user to reselect the modes.
When the voltage level drops below 3V, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. When the voltage level is detected lower than 3V in Eco output, then the flashlight blinks 3 times every 5 minutes to remind you to timely recharge or replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work till the battery level runs out.
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L14-1100U rechargeable Li-ion battery and other usable Li-ion batteries.
LD22 V2.0 Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using only a high-quality protected battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery for proper storage.
- Unscrew the tail cap or remove the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the light’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the light to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: Poor battery level.
Solution: Recharge or replace the battery.
B: The contact or contact point of the battery or flashlight is dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
Safe Use Warnings
- Do place this light out of the reach of children!
- Do NOT shine the light directly into the eyes of anyone!
- Do NOT shine flammable objects at close range, to avoid burning objects or causing danger due to high temperature!
- Do NOT use the light in inappropriate ways such as biting in the mouth, to avoid personal injury or life threats when the light or internal battery fails!
- This light will accumulate a lot of heat while working, resulting in a high temperature of the flashlight Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Turn off and lock the light or remove the battery from the light to prevent accidental activation when the light is placed in a closed and flammable environment such as pockets and backpacks!
The LED of this flashlight is not replaceable; so the whole light should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.