With the light switched off, press and hold the top switch for 0.5 seconds to turn on the light on the last used output.
With the light turned on, press and hold the top switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off the light.
With the light switched on white light mode, single click the top switch to cycle through Low→Med→High→Turbo.
With the light switched on red light mode, single click the top switch to cycle through Red→Signal Light→SOS.
In white light mode, press and hold the top switch for 1.2 seconds to enter red light mode.
In red light mode, press and hold the top switch for 1.2 seconds to enter white light mode.
Battery level Indication
With the light switched off, single click the top switch. The battery level indicator will display the battery status for 3 seconds.
Green constant on: saturated, 100% – 85%
Green flashes: sufficient, 85% – 50%
Red constant on: poor, 50% – 25%
Red flashes: critical, 25% – 1%
Note: There is no indication when CR123A battery is used.
- Turn off the light. Plug the USB side of the charging cable into any USB power supply. Uncover the anti-dust cap of the light, and plug the Micro USB side of the charging cable into the charging port of the light.
- The battery level indicator displays red while charging and turns to solid green when charging is complete. The normal charging time of the included Fenix ARB-L17-700 is about 1.5 hours.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to remove the charging cable and replace the anti-dust cap to protect against dust and foreign objects.
- Recharge a stored light every four months to maintain optimum performance of the battery.
- Only Low output can be used when the light is being charged, but charging time will be prolonged.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the tail cap back on.
Time-limited Output Downshifting
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when working at Turbo output level. To prevent high surface temperature the light is programmed to downshift to 200 Lumens after working for 5 minutes.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected brightness level on white light mode. When turned on again the previously used brightness level will be recalled.
When the voltage level drops below a preset level, the flashlight is programmed to step down to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output level, the battery level indicator will display red and the flashlight blinks every three seconds to remind you to replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will work until the battery runs out.
Note: This only work with the rechargeable 16340 Li-ion battery.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap half a turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.