Spotlight switch: for on/off, mode switching , lockout function and output selection on spotlight mode.
Floodlight switch: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function and output selection on floodlight mode.
Press and hold the spotlight switch, the lamp will be turned on on Med of spotlight by default; press and hold the floodlight switch, the lamp will be turned on on Low of floodlight by default. Press and hold either of the two switches for 0.5 seconds to turn on/off the lamp.
With the lamp switched on, single click either of the two switches to reach the corresponding mode.
Spotlight mode: single click the spotlight switch to cycle through Med→High→Low.
Floodlight mode: single click the floodlight switch to cycle through Low→SOS.
Lock: when the lamp is switched off, press and hold either of the two switches, or simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will blink four times on Low of floodlight mode to indicate locked status.
Unlock: when the lamp is locked, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 4 one-second blinks and activated on Low of floodlight mode.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 4 one-second blinks on Low of floodlight mode to indicate locked status.
||43 x 31 x 10.5 mm
||Usable (No charging)
||Usable (No charging)
- Recharge a stored headlamp every four months to maintain optimal Li-polymer battery performance.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the AAA batteries from the lamp in case of damage by electrolyte leakage.
- Pull battery cover latch with Fenix logo that is located between the switches to open the tail cap.
- Insert the battery/batteries in accordance with the polarity marks.
- Replace the tail cap.
- The included Li-polymer battery pack can be charged via the headlamp. It is strictly prohibited to charge non-rechargeable AAA (NI-MH/Alkaline) batteries via the headlamp.
- Uncover the anti-dust cap and plug the Micro USB side of the charging cable into the charging port of the lamp.
- The normal charging time of the Fenix ARB-LP1300 Li-polymer battery is about 2.5 hours with the lamp being switched off. When charging, Low output of spotlight or floodlight mode can be separately selected. The headlamp will not automatically power on after full charging.
- In charging process, one indicator flashes: below 20%, one constant-on and one flashes: 20% – 50%, two constant-on and one flashes: 50% – 80%, three constant-on and one flashes: 80% – 95%, four constant-on: charging complete.
- Replace the anti-dust cap to ensure waterproof and dustproof ability.
Battery Level Indication
The indicators will display the the battery status for 3 seconds each time when the lamp is switched on. With the lamp switched off, single click either switch to check the battery status, single click once again the lamp will go out immediately, or without any operation the status will last for 3 seconds. There will be no response with the lamp locked.
- Four lights on: saturated, 100% – 80%
- Three lights on: sufficient, 80% – 60%
- Two lights on: poor, 60% – 40%
- One light on: critical, 40% – 20%
- One light flashes: 20% – 0%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-LP1300 Li-polymer battery.
The lamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used on High output level for extended periods. The lamp will automatically step down by a few lumens to reduce temperature.
Usage and Maintenance
Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the headlamp and will void the warranty.
Fenix strongly recommends using quality rechargeable Ni-MH battery, alkaline battery will shorten the runtime with the lamp switched on high output.