Operating Instructions for the Fenix BC05R V2.0 Rechargeable Bike Taillight
Press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to turn on/off the light.
With the light switched on, single click the switch to cycle through Low→Low Flash (slow)→Low Flash (fast)→High→High Flash (slow)→High Flash (fast).
Operation: Remove the dust cover of the bicycle taillight to reveal the charging port, and plug the USB Type-C end of the charging cable into the light’s charging port, then connect the other end of the charging cable to a USB power adapter.
Indication: The indicator will display red while charging and will turn green when fully charged.
Battery Level Indication
With the light switched off, single click the switch to check the battery status, the indicator in the switch will last for 3 seconds.
- Green light on: saturated 100% – 85%
- Green light flashes: sufficient 85% – 50%
- Red light on: poor 50% – 25%
- Red light flashes: critical 25% – 0%
When the voltage level drops below 25% of the total level, the battery level indicator blinks red to remind you to timely recharge the battery. To ensure normal use, the light will not turn off automatically and will work till the battery level runs out.
Mounting strap: First loop the mounting strap (without LOGO) around the small opening of the taillight, and place the taillight on the seat post (face up), then loop the other end of the mounting strap (with LOGO) around the other small opening of the taillight, adjust as the size of the seat post.
Body clip: Keep the body clip and the taillight both face up, push the small opening on both sides of the taillight downward to the spout of the body clip.
Note: The bicycle light is applicable to bike seat post diameters between 20mm-35mm.
Usage and Maintenance for the BC05R V2.0
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Recharge the light timely when the battery level is critical, for future use.
- Recharge a stored light every 3 months to maintain optimal battery performance.
- Periodic cleaning improves the light’s performance especially when the light flickers, shines intermittently or even fails to illuminate for the following reason:
A: Poor battery level.
Solution: Recharge or replace the battery.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
- The taillight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.
- The LED of this taillight is not designed to replaceable; so the entire light should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.
- If any of the information provided in this manual is changed, the new version of the manual shall prevail; if your included user manual is an old one, it acquiesces that we won’t send a new manual.