Fenix E16 Philosophy of Use
• Extreme compact EDC (Every Day Carry).
• I’d say this is probably the most compact EDC light I’ve ever owned, aside from the tiny keychain lights that use a single AAA battery. I personally don’t consider this a keychain light although you could use it in that capacity if you wanted to. I find it just a tad too big for attaching to a keychain that is already weighed down with multiple keys, etc. If you were to ask my wife of her opinion, she would tell you it’s the perfect keychain light. Everyone has different ways in which they will use it, and that is the beauty of this tiny EDC light.
• I purchased this light to supplement with my other Fenix lights (PD36R, LD30). My days are always different throughout the week and so I’m wearing a suit and tie on one day and trousers on the next. Having an ultra-compact EDC light in the summertime is important to me since I’m also wearing shorts when plowing the garden, and so pocket space is limited to tools only.
• A lot of people don’t think you’d need a flashlight during the day, but I’ve used mine multiple times a day to see under things, work on machinery, or to signal someone from far away.
• I’d say this is the perfect mechanic’s light because of the quality of light and the magnetic tail cap. They can wear it on their hat or attach it just about anywhere there is something made of metal. I also think the quality of the neutral white light helps oils and other liquids stand out to the naked eye.
High-Quality E16 Flashlight Features
• Length: 2.0” (51mm)
Body: 0.7” (19mm)
Head: 0.8” (21mm)
• 0.7 oz (21g)
• The size and weight of the E16 has far exceeded my expectations for an ultra-compact EDC light. You don’t know it’s in your pocket. I wear a suit and tie throughout the week and having a bigger light in my pocket just doesn’t work when space is limited. It’s hard to believe a light this small can put out so much light! It easily hides in the palm of your hands.
• Cree XP-L HI Neutral White LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
• The color rendering with the neutral white LED is amazing. Neutral white has always been my favorite since it really brings out the beautiful colors of the foliage outdoors. The green leaves are a deep true to life green, and the browns are smooth and pleasant to the eye. Perfect for walking at night on any trails, even in the city.
• 700 lumens of light are more than enough to see your way down any path or through any dark alleyway.
• 466 ft on turbo (142m)
• The beam is very diffused and wide which produces a “wall of light” out in front of you. In other words, you have a very broad view wherever you point the light. This is very useful for walking at night or working on tasks that require a lot of light that is spread out evenly to cover large areas. There is a slight hot spot in the center that works great when you need a little extra reach to see something a tad further away. Keep in mind, it’s not a spotlight by any means. If you need something with a longer beam distance, you’ll want to step up to a slightly larger light like the Fenix E30R.
• The 3-lumen low mode is perfect for use around the house at night. I keep mine on my nightstand and use it when I get up at night. The beam is soft and diffused and easy on the eyes upon waking up.
Functionality of the Fenix E16
Electronic Lockout Function
• Lock: With the light unlocked, press the side switch twice within 0.5s. The light will blink twice on Med to indicate locked status.
• Unlock: With the light is locked, press the side switch twice within 0.5s. The light will be unlocked and activated on last used brightness.
• In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 2 one-second blinks to indicate locked status.
• With the light unlocked, press and hold the side switch for 0.5s to turn on/off the light.
• With the light switched on, single click the side switch to cycle through Low, Med, High, Turbo.
• The light memorizes the last selected brightness level. When turned on again the previously used brightness level will be used.
• The lockout function works perfect and in my opinion is needed for a light like this. It’s a small light which means it’s easy to toss into a pocket. However, with the power button on the side you’ve got to be careful since it can easily be depressed if it’s being tossed around in your pocket with other objects. The lockout function prevents this from happening and keeps the light from coming on inadvertently. Great job Fenix! They are always thinking two steps ahead.
• Keep in mind this is a small light. Running turbo for more than a few minutes will cause it to heat up a little. This isn’t a flaw of the light. You’ve got to think about the amount of power being used in something this small. It’s cranking out 700 lumens, which is huge. It’s going to get warm and when it does it’ll step down a few lumens to protect the circuitry. This is expected in a light of this size, with this much power. I’ve found the turbo mode works best when you need it to see something further away for a few moments and then switching back to the high or medium mode for general use.
• (not included): One 16340 Li-ion battery or one CR123A battery
• I recommend picking up one of the Fenix 16340 batteries that incorporates the micro USB charging port. They make it super easy to charge the battery without having to purchase a charger separately. Search Fenix’s website for the FENIX ARB-L16-700UP battery.
• The battery can easily be removed by turning the top of the light counterclockwise until it comes off. The battery can then be removed and charged.
• A body clip, lanyard, spare O-ring, key ring, user manual, warranty card, and information leaflet are included.
• IP68 rated waterproof and dustproof
• The lens is coated with a special treatment that offers added durability and clarity.
• Unless you run over it with a tank, I don’t think you’ll ever have to worry about the durability. It’s made of some of the strongest and lightest materials on the market. The anodizing is excellent and holds up over time. My light sits in my pocket with house and car keys and I don’t think there is a scratch on it. Mine has been 100% reliable out of the box and I use it every day. I live way out in the country and have a small homestead with chickens and other animals that need fed every day. I’ve dropped the light into many buckets of water by accident and it still works 100%. I can’t say the same about some of the cheap hardware store lights.
• Fenix didn’t skimp on the pocket clip either. It’s strong and seems like it’ll last just as long as the light. The pocket clip can be removed in case you don’t want to use it.
• If you’re a new member you can receive 20% off your first order plus free 3-day shipping!
• There are a lot of features this light offers that give it a ton of value in my opinion. It comes with a magnetic tail cap which allows it to attach to anything metal. It also has a two-way clip that can be used to attach the light to the brim of a hat, or, on to a pocket. The pocket clip also attaches easily on molly webbing. There are literally a hundred ways this light can be used throughout your day. I never leave home without mine.
• For a flashlight, it’s aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The rose gold accents are a nice touch compared to the “blacked out” lights on the market.
• I think this would be a great gift for just about anyone because of its usefulness and pricing. Examples: college grad, birthday, father/mother’s day, etc.
• Comes with a Limited Lifetime Guarantee from Fenix Lighting USA.
• From my own experience, Fenix is a company that can be trusted and relied upon 100%. Their products are top shelf and offer years of reliable use.
• I consider Fenix a company that knows the value of taking care of their customers. Their customer service associates are very knowledgeable and courteous. Thankfully, you don’t have to take my word for it. Just look at all of the positive reviews on their website, www.fenixlighting.com