Press and hold the side switch over 0.5 seconds to turn ON/OFF the light.
With the light switched on, single click the side switch to cycle through Turbo→Eco→Low→Med→High.
Whether the light is on or off, press and hold the side switch for 1.2 seconds to enter strobe, one more clicking, the light will turn back to last used brightness.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected brightness level on General mode. When turned on again the previously used brightness level will be recalled.
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on Turbo output level for extended periods. After a 3-minute work on Turbo, it will automatically downshift to High output level to reduce temperature. Turbo can be reselected if needed, but service life could be shortened or the flashlight could be damaged permanently.
With the light switched on, when the voltage level drops below than 3.3V, low voltage warning will be activated automatically, then the battery level indicator on the switch will display red, and blinks every 3 seconds until the light goes out.
When the voltage level drops below than 3V, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off until the battery level runs out or once the battery over-discharging protection activates.
Note: This only works on 18650 Li-ion battery.
Lock: with the light unlocked, 2 continuous single clicking within 0.5 seconds on the side switch . Light will switch off and 2 one-second blinks will indicate locked status.
Unlock: with the light locked, 2 continuous single clicking within 0.5 seconds on the side switch . The light will be unlocked and activated on last used brightness.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the side switch will activate 2 one-second blinks on Low to indicate locked status.
Battery Level Indication
When the light is turned off, single click the side switch, the battery level indicator on the side switch will display the battery status for 3 seconds.
- Green light constant-on: saturated, more than 85%
- Green light flashes: sufficient, 85%-50%
- Red light constant-on: poor, 50%-25%
- Red light flashes: critical, lower than 25%
- Plug the USB port of the charging cable into any USB power supply. Uncover the anti-dust cap and plug the Micro USB side of the charging cable into the charging port of the headlamp.
- If the battery level is fairly sufficient, the charging indicator displays green to indicate unnecessary charging. Or the charging indicator will display red while charging, and will turn to green when fully charged. The normal charging time of the built-in Fenix ARB-L18 2600 is approximately 3 hours from out of power to fully charged with the light off.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to remove the charging cable and replace the anti-dust cover.
- Recharge a stored light every four months to maintain optimum performance of the battery.
- The flashlight can only be used on Low output when charging, but the charging time will be prolonged.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the tail cap back on.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap half a turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The batteries need replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.