Tap the tail switch to turn on the light temporarily, fully press to turn ON/OFF the light.
Tap the tail switch first, then release and fast tap again in 1 second to cycle through High→Mid→Low→Strobe.
When the needed brightness level is selected, fully press the switch to power the light constantly, and press again to turn off the light.
Note: The light will not memorize brightness level over 1 second after it is turned off. Each time it will activate at High brightness level.
Low-voltage Warning Function
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level. When this happens in Low output mode, the flashlight blinks three times every five minutes to remind you to replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work until the battery runs out completely.
Note: This only works on 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery. When the voltage of 18650 battery is detected lower than 3V, low-voltage warning function will fail if the flashlight is turned on again.
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working at High brightness level. When it works at High for 5 minutes or above, the flashlight will automatically downshift into Mid output to prevent the light from overheating. Please reset if High output again is needed.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) toward the light's head, screw the tail cap back on.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head may cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using excellent quality batteries. If the flashlight will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the flashlight could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap one-half turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the flashlight's performance as dirty contacts may cause the flashlight to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
Reason A: The batteries need replacing.
Solution: Replace batteries (Please confirm the correct installation of anode and cathode). Reason
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor.