Press the tail switch gently for momentary lighting or until it clicks to activate and lock the PD22UE. Press again to turn the light off.
With the light on, press the side switch to cycle through four different brightness levels from Turbo → Low → Medium → High.
Press the side switch and hold it for 1 second to enter into Strobe mode.
Press the side switch and hold it for 3 seconds to enter into SOS mode. When the flashlight is in strobe mode or SOS mode, a single press on the side switch will return the light to general lighting mode.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The Fenix PD22UE memorizes the last brightness level used in the general mode, but it will not remember the strobe mode or SOS mode. The next time you turn the flashlight on, it will activate the last brightness level you selected.
PD22UE will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working in Turbo output. To avoid overheating, the flashlight will automatically transfer into the high brightness level by working in Turbo output for over 5 minutes. If the Turbo output is needed continually, just reset it again.
*16340 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential risk for combustion or explosion but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the batteries with the anode side (+) toward the light's head, screw the tail cap back on.
Usage and Maintenance
- Please don't disassemble the sealed head, doing so can cause damage to the flashlight and will void the warranty.
- We recommend the use of high quality battery. If the flashlight is not to be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the flashlight could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap one-half turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transport.
- The O-ring may be worn out after using for a long time. If this happens, please replace the O-ring with a new one to keep the flashlight properly sealed against water.
- Please clean the contacts of your light from time to time, especially if the light flickers or doesn't light up. There may be several reasons for a flickering or not working light:
Reason A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace the battery (Please confirm the correct orientation of positive and negative ends).
Reason B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with an alcohol soaked cotton swab.
If the above methods don't work, please refer to the warranty policy.
Notice: The routine cleaning video can be watched through Support Link, please click the warranty and repairs link.
1) 15 days free replacement: Fenix will replace a new product within 15 days of purchase for any manufacturing defects if problems come into being in normal use; We will replace it with the same model. If the model has been discontinued, customers will receive a product with similar or improved model.
2) 5 years free repairs: Fenix will offer free repair within 5 years for lights from the date of purchase if problem develops with normal use. Different warranty period for different products:
Products with rechargeable battery built-in are 2 years of free repairs.
Rechargeable Battery, Chargers, Bike Mount Accessory, and Remote Switch Accessory are 1 year.
3) Limited lifetime warranty: For lights past the free repair warranty period, we provide lifetime repairs but will charge for parts. The distributor will notify customer the cost of the part before repair.
4) The free warranty does not cover any damages or failure caused by:
- Normal wear
- Rough operation
- Battery leakage
- Any defects or damages caused by the improper operations include but not limited to the operation which doesn't comply with the warranty or notes shown in the product specification. For example, the product specification will describe that please don't disassemble the sealed head, as doing so can damage to the flashlight and will void the warranty'
- Any defects or damaged led by other behaviors which can not be controlled by Fenix reasonably.
5) To make a warranty claim, please contact our warranty service department with the information listed as following: Name, Type/model of warranty item, Serial number. Age of the product and Description of the problem.
PD22 is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.