Right: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function, output selection on white light mode.
Left: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function, output selection on red light mode.
With the headlamp switched off, press and hold the right switch for 0.5 seconds to enter the white light mode.
With the headlamp switched off, press and hold the left switch to enter the red light mode.
With the headlamp switched on, press and hold either of the switches for 0.5 seconds to turn off the headlamp.
With the headlamp switched on, single click the left/right switch to enter the previously used output on white light mode or to enter red light mode.
White light mode: single click the right switch to cycle through Low→Med →High →Turbo.
Red light mode: single click the left switch to cycle through Red light→SOS.
Lock: when the lamp is switched off, press and hold either of the two switches or simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will blink red 4 times to indicate locked status.
Unlock: when the lamp is locked, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 4 one-second red blinks and activated on Red Light.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 4 one-second red blinks to indicate locked status.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The headlamp memorizes the last selected output on white light mode. When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled. Each time the Red Light mode is entered with red light.
Non-rechargeable Battery (Alkaline)
Non-rechargeable Battery (Ni-MH)
Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)
1. It is strictly prohibited to charge non-rechargeable batteries.
2. Do not use the banned battery in case of circuit component damage that is resulted from overvoltage burnout.
3. Do not mix batteries of different brands, sizes, capacities or types. Doing so may cause damage to the headlamp or the batteries being used.
4. If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the AAA batteries from the lamp in case of damage by electrolyte leakage.
1. Pull the battery cover latch that is located between the switches to open the tail cap.
2. Insert the batteries in accordance with the polarity marks.
3. Replace the battery cap.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The lamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used on High or Turbo modes for extended periods. When the lamp reaches a temperature of 65°C or above, the lamp will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 65°C, it will then allow the user the reselection of High or Turbo modes.
The headband is factory assembled by default.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the lamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality Fenix battery.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage.
- Lock the lamp by pressing either switch/ simultaneously pressing the two switches for 3 seconds, or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace the battery (Ensure the battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The contact point or contact of the battery or headlamp is dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact the distributor.
- Do not place this headlamp in the reach of children!
- Do NOT shine the headlamp directly into the eyes of anyone!
- Do NOT shine flammable objects at close range, to avoid burning objects or causing danger due to high temperature!
- Do NOT use the headlamp in inappropriate ways such as biting in the mouth, to avoid personal injury or life threats when the headlamp or internal battery fails!
- This headlamp will accumulate a lot of heat while working, resulting in a high temperature of the headlamp shell. Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Turn off and lock the headlamp or remove the battery from the headlamp to prevent accidental activation when the headlamp is placed in a closed and flammable environment such as pockets and backpacks!
- The LED of this headlamp is not replaceable; so the whole headlamp should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.