ON/OFF Press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to turn On/Off the headlamp.
Output Selection When the lamp is on, single-click the power switch to cycle through Low→Med→High→Turbo.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The headlamp memorizes the last-used brightness level in the General Mode. The next time it is turned on, the previously used brightness level is recalled.
Single-click the switch to switch on the red light, single-click once again to activate the red flash, another single-click to turn off the red light.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The headlamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used at high output levels for extended periods. Take care when touching the lamp surface.
- When the lamp reaches a temperature of 65℃ or above, the lamp will automatically step down by a few lumens to reduce temperature.
- When the temperature reduces, the output will return to previously selected output level.
- If the headlamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the headlamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Lower the holder to 60°angle, and press the joint of the holder and the headlamp with the thumb.
- Grasp the buckle hole with the thumb of the other hand then pull up.
- Insert the batteries in accordance with the polarity mark, and close the battery cap.
Headlamp Strap Assembling
Step 1: Attach the head strap to the headlamp as shown by first sliding the band down to the bottom of the slot, then hooking the top edge under the top slot.
Step 2: Slide the plastic buckle to adjust the headband.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the headlamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix strongly recommends using high-performance Ni-MH rechargeable batteries to get most out of this high-power headlamp.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the headlamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the headlamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The batteries may need replacing.
Solution: Replace batteries (Please confirm the correct installation of anode and cathode).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts may be dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol. If the above methods don't work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor.