FAILURE TO READ AND FOLLOW THESE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS WHEN HANDLING A FIREARM OR THE GL22 CAN BE DANGEROUS AND CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR DEATH. BEFORE ATTACHING, INSPECTING OR SERVICING A FIREARM-MOUNTED GL22
- Engage the safety of the firearm if applicable.
- Remove the magazine from the firearm if applicable.
- Open the action and inspect the chamber to be sure it is empty.
MAKE SURE THAT THE FIREARM IS UNLOADED AND THE BREECH IS OPEN. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT SAFETY MEASURES BE EMPLOYED AT ALL TIMES WHILE HANDLING THE FIREARM. Please make sure your firearm rail is Picatinny rail or Glock rail and choose the appropriate rail plate (Glock rail plate is installed by default), you can change the rail plate to make the tactical light more suitable for your firearm.
- The GL22 is designed for precise aiming, it required a basic tool or simply a coin to be attached or detached from the side of the weapon or accessory rail.
- Loosen the rail clamp bolt.
- Placing the fixed portion of the rail clamp against the accessory rail and align the rail key with the appropriate cross groove in the accessory rail.
- Tighten the rail clamp bolt and make sure it is securely attached to the firearm. Again a coin should be helpful to obtain sufficient tightness.
Hot Caution: The GL22 provides a powerful beam. When operated for a while, it will get uncomfortably hot. This is normal and is not a defect.
Operating Instruction Switch The dual tail switch can be operated with both hands.
On/off Single click either of the switches to turn on/off the light. With the light switched off, press and hold either of the switches over 1 second to momentarily turn on the light.
Output Selection With the light switched on, press and hold either of the switches and simultaneously single click the other switch to cycle through White Light→White Light + Red Laser→Red Laser.
Instant Strobe With the light switched on, press and hold either of the switches for 0.5 seconds to enter Strobe, release the light will return to general mode. Note: The Use of light in Strobe mode may cause seizures in persons with photo-sensitive epilepsy.
Lock: with the light switched off, simultaneously press and hold both switches for 5 seconds to lock the light, the light will blink twice on white light to indicate locked status.
Unlock: with the light locked, simultaneously press and hold both switches for 1 second, the light will be unlocked and activated on the previously used output. *In locked status, clicking or pressing either of the switches will activate 2 one-second blinks on white light to indicate locked status.
Intelligent Memory Circuit The light memorizes the last selected output. When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled.
Laser Sight Zeroing
- The windage adjustment is at the left side of the light. Use the included Allen wrench clockwise or counter-clockwise to move the laser point.
- The elevation adjustment is located at the bottom of the light, Use the included Allen wrench clockwise or counter-clockwise to move the laser point.
- When making large adjustments there may be an interaction that causes the laser to move diagonally or bind. It may become necessary to rotate the opposing adjustment screw counterclockwise to allow the laser cartridge to move to the desired position.
*Laser parameters: CLASS 3R laser product, laser wavelength 640-660nm, laser optical power output <5mW.
|Fenix ARB-L16 Series
|Non-rechargeable Battery (Lithium)
|Rechargeable Battery (LiFePO4)
*16340 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
FOR SAFETY PURPOSES, THE LIGHT MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE FIREARM BEFORE THE BATTERY COMPARTMENT IS OPENED OR CLOSED.
- Unscrew and remove the face cap assembly from the body of the light.
- Insert a CR123A or a 16340 battery with the cathode side (-) towards the light head.
- Fully tighten the face cap assembly to ensure that the battery makes complete contact with the internal electrical contacts.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on higher output levels for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the light will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 60°C, it will then allow the user for the reselection of higher modes.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until to 50 lumens. When this happens in 50 lumens, the light blinks 3 times every 5 minutes to remind you to recharge or replace the battery. Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L16 Series16340 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Usage and Maintenance
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT SAFETY MEASURES BE EMPLOYED AT ALL TIMES WHILE HANDLING THE FIREARM.
- The use of a firearm under any circumstance may be dangerous. SERIOUS INJURY OR EVEN DEATH may result without proper training in the safe handling of firearms. Proper training should be obtained from an accredited firearms safety program conducted by competent, qualified instructors in the military, police academies or National Rifle Association affiliated instruction programs.
- Read your firearm’s manual before attaching your gun-mounted light.
- Never point a firearm at something you are not willing to destroy.
- Fenix recommends that the GL22 should only be activated with the non-trigger hand while employing a two-hand grip on the firearm and with the trigger finger outside the trigger guard when possible. Failure to do so could result in an accidental discharge and serious injury, damage to property, or death.
- Thoroughly practice (employing safe training conditions) with the GL22 and firearm before using the weapon in a tactical situation.
- If you shoot ammunition get the lens coated, try rubbing the lens with fine steel wool or Froglube clp.
- Since gun maintenance requires the use of organic solvents, organic solvents contaminating key components of the light or laser module may cause malfunctions, and the light will not receive normal warranty service.
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using only a high-quality protected battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery for proper storage.
- Lock the light or remove the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the light's performance as dirty contacts may cause the light to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons: A: Poor battery level. Solution: Recharge or replace the battery. B: The contact or contact point of the battery or flashlight is dirty. Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
- The LED light with red laser is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.
- This flashlight will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods, resulting in a high temperature of the flashlight Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Do not shine an object at close range, to avoid burning the object or causing danger due to high temperature.
- The LED of this flashlight is not replaceable; so the entire light should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.
- If any of the information provided in this manual is changed, the new version of the manual shall prevail; if your included user manual is an old one, it acquiesces that we won't send a new manual.