The tail cap switch is the tactical switch, and the side button switch is the functional switch.
Tap the tactical switch to turn on the light momentarily, release it and the light will go out. Click the tactical switch to turn on the light constantly, click once again to switch off the light.
With the light on, by single clicking the functional switch continually, the light will cycle through Turbo→Eco→Low→Med→High.
With the light on, press and hold the functional switch for 0.5 seconds to activate Strobe; with another single click the light will return to previously used General brightness level.
Spotlight and Floodlight Adjustment
The factory default will be total floodlight. Rotate the focusing ring to regulate the dual reflector, thus changing between spotlight and floodlight.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The flashlight memorizes the last brightness level used in the General mode. The next time it is turned on, it will recall the previously used General brightness level.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when Turbo output level is repeatedly selected for extended periods. If the light reaches a temperature of 65℃, it will automatically downshift to High output level. Turbo can be reselected if needed, but service life could be shortened or the flashlight could be damaged permanently.
Low-voltage Downshift Function
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to lower brightness levels until Low output is reached. When Low output mode is reached, the flashlight blinks three times every five minutes to remind you to charge the light or replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off and will work until the battery is completely discharged.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the tail cap back on.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using excellent quality battery. If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Continuous usage at Turbo brightness level in hot or poor heat dissipation environments may cause activation of overheat protection, or light beam trembling. To maintain normal usage, lower brightness level to cool down the flashlight.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper watertight seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor.
The flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.