Press and hold the switch for 0.8 seconds to turn ON/ＯFF the camp lantern.
- When the lantern is on, single-click the switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Mid→High→Turbo
- With the lantern on, double-click the switch to enter into Flash mode and single-click to turn back to previous state.
The camp lantern only lights up at Mid output when being charged.
Battery Level Indicator
With the light off, single-click the side switch to enter power display. The number of the constant-on light shows the battery power.
One shows the battery power is less than 35%, two constant-on show the range 36%-60%, three constant-on show the range 61%-85%, four constant-on show the battery power is over 85%. The indicator light will go out after 8 seconds.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The lantern memorizes the last-used brightness level in General Mode. Next time you turn it on, it will recall the previously used brightness level in General Mode.
Low-voltage Warning Function
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the indicator light on the switch blinks to remind you to recharge the camp lantern or replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the camp lantern will not turn off automatically until the battery runs out.
Note: This only works on 18650 Li-ion batteries with button top.
To Charge the CL30R When charging, connect the USB cable to a USB power adaptor (sold separately), and remove the anti-dust plug at the top of the camp lantern to reveal the charging port and plug the Micro-USB end of the USB cable into the light’s charging port. Then the indicator light on the switch turns red to indicate the charging process has begun. The indicator turns solid green when the battery is fully charged. Fenix recommends using a power adaptor with output 5V, 1.5A. It takes about 8.5 hours to fully charge three 2600mAh Fenix ARB-L18-2600mAh 18650 Li-ion batteries.
To Charge other Devices The camp lantern can be connected to USB cables for digital products such as mobile phones with standard Micro-USB charging port.
- Once charging is completed, disconnect the USB cable from the lantern and be sure to secure the anti-dust plug covered.
- Please do not charge the camping lantern when the light is turned on, doing so will extend the charging time or the battery can not be fully charged. If emergency lighting needed, the camp lantern only lights up at Mid output when being charged.
- Unscrew the battery cover counterclockwise
- Insert the battery with the anode side (+) toward the light’s head
- Put the battery cover back on and screw it clockwise to secure it
Note: The camping lantern is shipped with Fenix 2600 mAh ARB-L18-2600 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery. Please remove the battery insulation tab before first use.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using excellent quality battery. If the flashlight will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the flashlight could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the flashlight’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the flashlight to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
Reason A: The batteries need replacing.
Solution: Replace batteries (Please confirm the correct installation of anode and cathode). Reason B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol. If the above methods don't work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor.