(Factory default is “High” upon first use; thereafter intelligent memory circuit is activated)
Spotlight switch: press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to turn ON/OFF the spotlight. Click to cycle through High→Turbo→Low→Med.
Floodlight switch: press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to turn ON/OFF the floodlight. Click to cycle the lamp through High→Turbo→Low→Med.
Note: The spot- and floodlights are controlled by separate switches.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The headlamp memorizes the last brightness level used. When next turned on, the previously used brightness level is recalled.
In any state, press and hold the floodlight switch for 1.2 seconds to enter SOS mode. Click to return to previous state. The SOS output is the same as the floodlight Med level.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The headlamp will accumulate a lot of heat when high output levels are used. To avoid high surface temperature:
- The output will automatically be downshifted when the lamp reaches a temperature of 65℃;
- When the temperature is reduced, the output will gradually return to previously used output level.
Battery Level Indication (Only works on 18650 battery)
Single click the indication switch to check the battery level. Indication will last for 5 seconds:
- Four constantly on: more than 80%
- Three constantly on: 60%-80%
- Two constantly on: 40%-60%
- One constantly on: 20%-40%
- One flashes: lower than 20%, charge the headlamp as soon as possible
Charging (Only works on 18650 battery)
- Open the anti-dust cover on the battery case. Plug the Micro USB terminal of the charging cable into the Micro USB port in the battery case, and the USB terminal of the charging cable into any USB power supply.
- The indicator lights start flashing to indicate charging. The indicator lights turn constantly on when the battery is fully charged. The normal charging time is about 8 hours for 2 batteries and the recommended adaptor is 5V/2A. If only one battery is being charged the indicators will not show, and the charging time will be about 4 hours.
Power Bank Function
Open the anti-dust cover on the battery case. Connect the device to be charged, to the battery case with the charging cable. Press and hold the indication switch for 3 seconds to start charging the external device. The four indicator lights will start flashing to indicate charging. Remove the charging cable once charging is completed. Charging can be resumed if disconnection does not exceed 5 seconds.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to remove the charging cable and replace the anti-dust cover to retain water and dust resistance.
- A short circuit can occur if a metal object touches any part of the USB or micro USB terminals. If this happens, remove the metal object to resume normal operation. If a short circuit is caused by a metal object touching the male terminal of the connecting cable with the headlamp, reinsert or recharge the battery to resume normal operation.
Unscrew the locking nuts to insert the battery according to the polarity markings, and then screw the locking nuts back in.
Headlamp Strap Assembly
- Attach the headband to the headlamp as shown, by first sliding the band down to the bottom of the slots. Then hook the top edge under the top slot.
- Adjust the headband by sliding the buckle to required length.
- Use the clips and buckles provided to retain the headlamp cable in the headband or top headband mount.
- Connect the battery case male terminal to the headlamp cable female terminal, and attach the battery case to the belt.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the headlamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix strongly recommends using quality disposable or rechargeable Lithium battery.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The batteries need replacing.
Solution: Replace batteries (Ensure batteries are inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
The headlamp is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.
The headlamp will accumulate a lot of heat after working in highest mode for an extended period of time. Do not touch any metal part of the lamp head to prevent scalding.