Spotlight: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function and output selection on spotlight mode.
Floodlight: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function and output selection on floodlight mode.
Press and hold either of the two switches for 0.5 seconds to turn on/off the lamp.
Press and hold either of the two switches for 0.5 seconds to reach the corresponding mode.
Spotlight mode: For the first use, single click the spotlight switch to cycle through Med→High→Turbo→Low.
Floodlight mode: For the first use, single click the floodlight switch to cycle through Med→High→Low.
Lock: With the lamp switched off, press and hold either of the two switches, or simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will blink 4 times on Low of floodlight mode to indicate locked status.
Unlock: With the lamp is locked, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 4 one-second blinks and activates on Low of floodlight mode.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 4 one-second blinks to indicate locked status.
- Uncover the anti-dust cap and plug the USB Type-C side of the charging cable into the charging port of the lamp.
- The normal charging time of the Fenix ARB-L18-3400 rechargeable Li-ion battery is about 2 hours with the lamp being switched off. When charging, Med output of spotlight or floodlight mode can be separately or simultaneously selected. The light will not automatically power on after full charging.
- In charging process, one indicator flashes: below 20%, one constant-on and one flashes: 21%-50%, two constant-on and one flashes: 51%-80%, three constant-on and one flashes: 81% – 95%, four constant-on: charging complete.
- Replace the anti-dust cap to ensure waterproof and dustproof ability.
Battery Level Indication
With the lamp switched off, single click either switch to check the battery status, single click once again the lamp will go out immediately, or without any operation the status will last for 3 seconds. There will be no response with the lamp locked.
- Four lights on: 100% – 81%
- Three lights on: 80% – 61%
- Two lights on: 60% – 41%
- One light on: 40% – 21%
- One light flashes: 20% – 0%
Unscrew the battery cover anticlockwise to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the , then screw the battery cover back on.
Low Voltage Warning
When the battery level is detected critical for currently used output, one of the indicator will flash to remind. Replace the battery or recharge the lamp as soon as possible.
Top Headband Removal/Assembly
Notice: The headband is factory assembled by default.
- Slip the headband out through the slot of the adjustment clip.
- Slide the adjustment clip through the back top band holder’s slit.
- Slide the adjustment clip through the secondary clip.
- Remove the secondary clip through the front top band holder’s slit.
To install the top band, just reverse these removal steps/.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the lamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality Fenix 18650 battery.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact the distributor.
The headlamp is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the lamp directly into anyone’s eyes.