5 Reasons Why Gifting A Flashlight is a Bright Idea
Why do men love flashlights so much? Some men get excited about muscle cars, and some get excited about the power of a flashlight. Why?
A 2011 survey conducted by Candle Power Forums – a community discussion board forum for portable lighting enthusiasts, dealers and manufacturers – found that 26% of pollers each own 11 to 20 flashlights and 34% carry flashlights daily.
Flashlight fan, Gary from Colorado, admits he has more than 300 flashlights. When asked why, he said, “It’s just my thing. For instance, I don’t carry pocket knives because I can’t take them on a plane. But I can take flashlights.”
So, here’s the bottom line: Pocket-size gadget + science behind “let there be light” = the best thing ever.
Since men love flashlights and almost all “best gifts for men” include LED flashlights, we came up with 5 reasons why gifting a flashlight this holiday season is the brightest idea yet!
5 reasons why gifting a flashlight is a bright idea:
- A flashlight will always get used. There are so many different uses for flashlights and there is no one do-it-all light. What may work for camping, may not work for on-the-job use.
- Is that a flashlight in your pocket? Men like carrying items in their pockets and powerful flashlights can be small, lightweight and handy.
- Always prepared and safe. Flashlights can shed light during a power outage, roadside auto emergency, hike after sunset or to see what’s lurking in the dark. Be ready for what life throws your way.
- Darkness is a daily occurrence. Chances are you will be active during dark hours, and let’s face it, smart phone lights suck. Having a flashlight in your pocket, glove box, backpack, drawer, garage, keychain, etc,, means you will be more productive in the dark.
- Flashlights are cool. “The advancement in flashlight innovation is exciting. What used to be a bright flashlight is now a low setting in today’s LED flashlights,” says Beau Shrum, CEO of Fenix Lighting. “And we’re not done seeing where flashlights will take us.
Like Prometheus, the Greek God who stole fire from Mount Olympus and gave it to mankind, give the gift of light. Check out our Best Lights for Him gift guide to help you find the right light.