Operating Instructions for the Fenix HP25R V2.0 Rechargeable Headlamp
- General switch: for on/off and output selection on General mode.
- Functional switch: for on/off and output selection on Functional mode.
- Press and hold either of the switches for 0.5 seconds to turn on/off the lamp.
- General mode: single click the general switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Med→High→Turbo.
- Functional mode: single click the functional switch to cycle through Low→Med→High→Red Light→SOS.
- Lock: when the lamp is switched off, press and hold either of the two switches or simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will blink red four times to indicate locked status.
- Unlock: when the lamp is locked, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 4 one-second red blinks and activated on Red Light. In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 4 one-second red blinks to indicate locked status.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The headlamp memorizes the last selected output. When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled.
As of Oct. 2022 - *If the headlamp is turned off on High or Turbo level of Spotlight mode, when turned on again, it will be activated on Med output of Spotlight mode.
Battery Specifications for the Fenix HP25R V2.0 Rechargeable Headlamp
|Fenix ARB-L21 Series||21700||3.6V||Recommended||√√|
|Fenix ARB-L18 Series||18650||3.6V||Usable (with ALF-18 battery holder)||√|
|Non-rechargeable Battery (Lithium)||CR123A||3V||Banned||×|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||16340||3.6V||Banned||×|
|Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)||18650||3.6V||Banned||×|
Warning: *Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Battery Replacement Unscrew the cap to insert the battery in accordance with the polarity marks, then screw the cap back on.
- Uncover the cap and plug the USB Type-C side of the charging cable into the charging port of the lamp.
- The indicator will display red while charging and will turn green when fully charged.
- The normal charging time of the included Fenix ARB-L21-5000 21700 rechargeable Li-ion battery is about 4 hours with a 5V/2A adapter.
- When charging is complete, replace the anti-dust cap to ensure waterproof and dustproof ability.
- Recharge a stored headlamp every four months to maintain optimal Li-ion battery performance.
- When charging, the headlamp can be normally used, but charging time will be prolonged.
Battery Level Indication
With the lamp switched off, single click either of the switches to check the battery status, the indicator will last for 3 seconds.
- Green light on: saturated 100% - 85%
- Green light flashes: sufficient 85% - 50%
- Red light on: poor 50% - 25%
- Red light flashes: critical 25% - 1%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21 Series battery.
Intelligent Overheat Protection
The lamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used at Turbo mode for extended periods. When the lamp reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the lamp will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 60°C, it will then allow the user for the reselection of Turbo mode.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the headlamp is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. When this happens in Eco output mode, the lamp blinks 3 times every 5 minutes to remind you to timely recharge or replace the battery.
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21 Series battery.
Note: The headband is factory assembled by default.
- Adjust the headband by sliding the buckle to the required length.
Usage and Maintenance for the Fenix HP25R V2.0 Rechargeable Headlamp
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the lamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality Fenix battery.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage.
- Lock the lamp or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace the battery (Ensure the battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The contact point or contact of the battery or headlamp is dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact the distributor.
- The headlamp is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the lamp directly into anyone’s eyes.
- This headlamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods, resulting in a high temperature of the headlamp Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Do not shine an object at close range, avoid burning the object or causing danger due to high temperature.
- The LED of this headlamp is not replaceable; so the entire lamp should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.
- If any of the information provided in this manual is changed, the new version of the manual shall prevail; if your included user manual is an old one, it acquiesces that we won't send a new manual.