Important Warnings FAILURE TO READ AND FOLLOW THESE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS WHEN HANDLING A FIREARM OR THE GL19R CAN BE DANGEROUS AND CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR DEATH.
GL19R Flashlight Mounting/Removal MAKE SURE THAT THE FIREARM IS UNLOADED AND THE BREECH IS OPEN. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT SAFETY MEASURES BE EMPLOYED AT ALL TIMES WHILE HANDLING THE FIREARM.
- Make sure your firearm rail is Picatinny rail or Glock rail and choose the appropriate rail key (Glock rail key is mounted by default), you can change the rail key to make the tactical light more suitable for your firearm.
- Open the QD lever, attach the light on the weapon’s accessories rail, make sure the rail key sit inside the slot, close the QD lever.
- Adjust the rail clamp bolt and make sure it is securely attached to the firearm.
Hot Caution: The GL19R provides a powerful beam. When operated for a while, it will get uncomfortably hot. This is normal and is not a defect.
GL19R Operating Instructions
Switch The dual tail switch are ambidextrous rear switches.
On/off Single click either of the switches to turn on/off the light. With the light switched off, press and hold either of the switches over 1 second to momentarily turn on the light.
Output Selection With the light switched on/off, press and hold either of the switches and simultaneously single click the other switch to cycle through Turbo→High. Release to lock the selected mode.
Instant Strobe With the light switched on, press and hold either of the switches over 0.5 seconds to enter Strobe, release the light will return to general mode.
Lock/Unlock Lock: with the light switched off, simultaneously press and hold both switches for 5 seconds to lock the light, the light will blink twice on white light to indicate locked status. Unlock: with the light locked, simultaneously press and hold both switches for 1 second, the light will be unlocked and activated on the previously used mode. *In locked status, single clicking or pressing either of the switches will activate the battery level indicator alternately blinks red and green to indicate locked status.
Intelligent Memory Circuit The light memorizes the last selected mode. When turned on again the previously used mode will be recalled. And Turbo mode is activated by default if the battery is reloaded.
* 18350 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Battery Replacement Unscrew the light head to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the light head back on.
Charging the GL19R
- Switch off the light and open the USB cap to reveal the USB Type-C charging port and plug the USB A socket of the charging cable into an electrical outlet, then connect the USB Type-C socket of the charging cable to the light.
- The indicator will display red while charging and will turn green when fully charged.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to tighten the USB cap to maintain the dustproof and waterproof ability.
- The tactical light is unavailable while charging.
- Recharge the light timely when the battery power is too low to ensure the normal life of the battery.
- The normal charging time of the included Fenix ARB-L18-1100P is approximately 2 hours from depletion to full charging.
- Recharge a stored light every four months to maintain the optimum performance of the battery.
Battery Level Indication Each time the light is turned on, the indicator will indicate the battery level and will last for 3 seconds.
- Green light on: saturated 100% - 85%
- Green light flashes: sufficient 85% - 50%
- Red light on: poor 50% - 25%
- Red light flashes: critical 25% - 1%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L18-1100P rechargeable 18350 Li-ion battery.
Intelligent Overheat Protection The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on Turbo mode for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 60°C or above, the light will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 60°C, it will then allow the user for the reselection of Turbo mode.
Low-voltage Warning When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until to 50 lumens. When this happens in 50 lumens, the battery level indicator blinks red to remind you to recharge or replace the battery. Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L18-1100P rechargeable 18350 Li-ion battery.
Usage and Maintenance IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT SAFETY MEASURES BE EMPLOYED AT ALL TIMES WHILE HANDLING THE FIREARM.
- The use of a firearm under any circumstance may be dangerous. SERIOUS INJURY OR EVEN DEATH may result without proper training in the safe handling of firearms. Proper training should be obtained from an accredited firearms safety program conducted by competent, qualified instructors in the military, police academies or any certificated instruction programs.
- Read your firearm’s manual before attaching your GL19R.
- Never point a firearm at something you are not willing to destroy.
- Fenix recommends that the GL19R should only be activated with the non-trigger hand while employing a two-hand grip on the firearm and with the trigger finger outside the trigger guard when possible. Failure to do so could result in an accidental discharge and serious injury, damage to property, or death.
- Thoroughly practice (employing safe training conditions) with the GL19R and firearm before using the weapon in a tactical situation.
- Disassembling the sealed part can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using only a high-quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, lock the light or remove the battery for proper storage.
- If you want to turn off the battery indicator when using the tactical light, constantly click the switch close to the battery indicator 3 times with the tactical light switched off. By the last time clicking, the battery indicator lights up (green-red-green) to remind the user that the battery indicator has been turned off. At this time, the battery indicator will not light up when the tactical light is turned on, but the charging status will be displayed normally when the light is connected to a power source. You can reactivate the battery indicator function by reloading the battery or by repeating the above operation when the light is turned off.
- If you shoot ammunition get the lens coated, try rubbing the lens with fine steel wool or Froglube clp.
- Lock the light or remove the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Since gun maintenance requires the use of organic solvents, organic solvents contaminating key components of the light may cause malfunctions, and the light will not receive normal warranty service.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the light's performance as dirty contacts may cause the light to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: Poor battery level.
Solution: Recharge or replace the battery.
B: The contact or contact point of the battery or flashlight is dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
- The LED light is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.
- This flashlight will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods, resulting in a high temperature of the flashlight Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- Do not shine an object at close range, to avoid burning the object or causing danger due to high temperature.
- The LED of this flashlight is not replaceable; so the entire light should be replaced when the LED reaches the end of its life.
- If any of the information provided in this manual is changed, the new version of the manual shall prevail; if your included user manual is an old one, it acquiesces that we won't send a new manual.