Length: 5.9″ (150mm)
Width: 1″ (25.4mm)
Weight: 3.5 oz. (126g) weight excluding battery
Batteries: One 3400 mAH 18650, or two CR123A (non-rechargeable)
Included: One 18650 battery
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Guarantee from Fenix Lighting US
Press the tail switch gently for momentary lighting or until it clicks to activate and lock the UC35. Press again to turn the light off.
With the light on, press the side switch to cycle through five different brightness levels in the order of Turbo→ Eco →Low → Medium → High.
Press and hold the side switch for 1 second to enter into Strobe mode. A single press on the side switch will return the flashlight to general lighting mode from Strobe.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The Fenix UC35 memorizes the last brightness level used in the general mode, but it will not remember the Strobe modes. The next time you turn the flashlight on, it will activate the last brightness level you selected.
In Turbo output, the LED runs at the highest brightness and discharge rate. Use of high quality batteries is recommended for peak performance. As a high-performance light, the UC35 accumulates significant heat while at Turbo output. To protect the light and user, the UC35 automatically drops down into the High brightness level after running at Turbo output for about five minutes. If further Turbo output is needed, reset the light with the side switch. Be advised that prolonged Turbo output may reduce the UC35’s life span or cause permanent damage to the light.
To protect the light and user, the UC35 automatically drops into the Mid brightness level after working in High output for about 30 minutes. If further High output is needed, reset the light with the side switch.
Low-voltage Warning Function
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the UC35 is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level. When this happens in Eco output mode, the flashlight blinks three times every five minutes to remind you to replace the battery.
- Press the tail switch to turn off the flashlight. Then connect the USB cable to a USB power adapter (sold separately), and remove the anti-dust plug in the front of the UC35 to reveal the charging port and plug the Micro-USB end of the USB cable into the light’s charging port.
- Press the tail switch to start the charging process. And the indicator light below the mode switch turns red to indicate the charging process has begun. The indicator turns solid green when the battery is fully charged. It takes about 5 hours to fully charge a 3400mAh Li-ion 18650 battery (lab-tested by Fenix using ARB-L2S rechargeable Li-ion battery)
- Once charging is completed, press the tail switch to stop the charging process and disconnect the USB cable from the light and be sure to secure the anti-dust plug cover.
Note: Please recharge a stored UC35 every four months to maintain optimum performance of the battery and maximize charging levels.
- Please do not mix batteries of different brands, size, capacity or type. Doing so may cause damage to the flashlight or the batteries being used.
- Do not use the UC35 flashlight to charge the banned batteries, or it may cause explosion.
*18650 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential risk for combustion or explosion but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
** The UC35 can be powered by using 18650/16340 LiFePO4 rechargeable battery, but using the flashlight to charge them may cause damage or even explosion to the battery. To avoid the potential danger, please do not charge these two kinds of batteries.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the batteries with the anode side (+) toward the light’s head, then screw the tail cap back on.
Usage and Maintenance
- Please don’t disassemble the sealed head, doing so can cause damage to the flashlight and will void the warranty.
- We recommend the use of high quality battery. If the flashlight is not to be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the flashlight could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Due to the momentary-on tactical switch, the flashlight may be accidentally activated when stored, transported or placed in a pocket. Unscrew the tail cap one-half turn or take out the battery to avoid unwanted operation.
- The O-ring may be worn out after using for a long time. If this happens, please replace the O-ring with a new one to keep the flashlight properly sealed against water.
Please clean the contacts of your light from time to time, especially if the light flickers or doesn’t light up. There may be several reasons for a flickering or not working light:
Reason A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace the battery (Please confirm the correct orientation of positive and negative ends).
Reason B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with an alcohol soaked cotton swab.
If the above methods don’t work, please refer to the warranty policy.
We will replace products with manufacturing defects within 15 days of purchase and repair a light free of charge within 24 months of purchase if problems develop with normal use; if repair is required after 24 months from the date of purchase, we will charge for parts. The total repair fee is dictated by the cost of the replaced materials.
We kindly suggest that you register your product on the official website of Fenixlight Limited (www.fenixlight.com). You’ll receive an extra six months of warranty coverage once you have successfully registered. By participating in an optional customer survey, you are entered in a drawing for free Fenix products.
UC35 is a high intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.