Length: 6.6″ (168mm)
Width: 1″ (25.4mm)
Head: 1.7″ (42mm)
Weight: 8.6 oz. (245g) weight including battery
Batteries: Built-in 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery
Included: AC charger, car charger, charge cradle, lanyard and spare o-ring
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Guarantee from Fenix Lighting US
There are two push-button switches on the side of the light‘s head. The big one with a power source mark is the power switch, and the small one with a loop mark is the mode switch.
Turning RC15 on/off
A single press on the power switch will turn the light on/off.
With the flashlight on, a single press on the mode switch will select the brightness level in the order of Turbo→Low→Mid→High brightness levels.
When the flashlight is on, press and hold the mode switch for one second to enter into Strobe mode. It will flash between 6Hz and 15Hz every two seconds. A single press on the mode switch will return the flashlight to the general mode.
With the flashlight off, press and hold the mode switch for one second will enter into strobe mode momentarily till the mode switch is released
Lock the Flashlight to Prevent Accidental Operation
Turn on the flashlight and hold the power switch for two seconds, the flashlight will blink twice and turn off to signal that the flashlight is locked. To unlock the flashlight, just double click the power switch.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The flashlight memorizes the last brightness level used in the general mode, but it will not remember any flashing modes (some models may not have flashing modes). The next time you turn on the flashlight, it will light up at the last used general mode.
RC15 will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working in Turbo output. When overheating is detected, the flashlight will automatically drop down into the high brightness level. You can reset the flashlight to Turbo output again when the temperature drops.
Low-voltage Warning Function
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight will downshift to a lower brightness level. When it happens in low output mode, the flashlight will blink three times every five minutes to remind you to recharge the flashlight.
When the battery voltage is extremely low, the flashlight will turn off automatically to protect the battery from over-discharge.
When the charging cradle is plugged into a household outlet, the indicator light will turn green. Put the flashlight into the charger cradle and rotate it until it clicks into position. The indicator light will now turn red to indicate charging has begun. When the indicator light returns to green, the charging cycle has been completed. The normal charging time is about 3 hours.
- Please do not charge the flashlight when it is turned on. Doing so will extend the charging time and may cause the battery to be not fully charged. However If emergency lighting is needed, it will still be okay to charge the flashlight when it is turned on. Due to the output protection function, RC15 can not enter into the Turbo in this case.
- Please recharge a stored RC15 every four months to maintain optimum performance of the battery.
Usage and Maintenance
- Please don’t disassemble the sealed head, as doing so can cause damage to the flashlight and will void the warranty.
- The o-ring may be worn out after using for a long time. If it happens, please replace the o-ring with a new one to keep the flashlight properly sealed against water.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the flashlight’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the flashlight to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
Reason A: The battery lacks power.
Solution: Recharge the flashlight.
Reason B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods do not work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor.
Notice: The routine cleaning video can be watched and downloaded through the Fenix website by clicking on the RC series followed by the maintenance tab.
RC15 is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the light directly into anyone’s eyes.