The tail switch of the TK22 is the tactical switch and the side switch is the functional switch.
Slightly tap the tactical switch to momentarily turn on the light, release it to turn the tactical light off.
Fully press the tactical switch to fully turn on and lock the light, press once again to unlock and turn off the light.
With the light switched on, single-click the functional switch to cycle through Turbo→Low→Med→High.
With the light switched on, press and hold the functional switch for 1 second to enter strobe, The light will flash at a frequency of 6Hz and 15hz every 2 seconds. Click once again to return back to General mode.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The TK22 flashlight will memorize the last selected output (excluding strobe.) When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled.
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on Turbo for extended periods. To reduce the temperature, the light will automatically downshift to High when it has been used on Turbo for 15 minutes. When the temperature is reduced, Turbo mode can be reselected.
- It is not recommended to use the CR123A or 16340 battery.
- Fenix 18650 or 21700 Li-ion battery is recommended for maintaining perfect lighting performance.
- The Fenix dedicated ALF-18 battery holder should be used together when using 18650 Li-ion battery.
*18650 /21700 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Unscrew the tail cap and insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the tail cap back on.
Usage and Maintenance of the TK22 Flashlight
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using a high quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap half a turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation. Recharge a stored battery every four months to maintain optimal battery performance.
- When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output mode, the flashlight blinks three times every five minutes to remind you to replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work till the battery runs out completely.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently, or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.