Floodlight: for on/off, output selection on floodlight mode, strobe and SOS.
Spotlight: for on/off and output selection on spotlight mode.
With the light switched off, press and hold the floodlight switch for 0.5 seconds to enter floodlight mode on previously used output.
With the light switched off, press and hold the spotlight switch for 0.5 seconds to enter spotlight mode on previously used output.
On floodlight mode, press and hold the floodlight switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off floodlight mode.
On spotlight mode, press and hold the spotlight switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off spotlight mode.
With the light switched on, press and hold the spotlight switch for 1.2 seconds to simultaneously turn off both modes.
- Spot and floodlight modes can be simultaneously or independently operated. Strobe and SOS are only accessed via the floodlight switch.
- Press and hold the floodlight switch for 0.5 seconds to enter floodlight mode; press and hold the spotlight switch for 0.5 seconds to enter spotlight mode.
In any status, press and hold the floodlight switch for 1.2 seconds to enter strobe, single click the floodlight switch to enter SOS, single click the floodlight switch again to turn back to the previously used output level on floodlight mode.
- In strobe and SOS mode, single click spotlight switch to turn back to the previously used output level.
Floodlight: With the light switched on, single click the floodlight switch to cycle through Low→Med→High I→High II→Turbo.
Spotlight: With the light switched on, single click the spotlight switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Med→High.
Lock: With the the light switched off and unlocked, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the light will blink 2 times on Eco of spotlight mode to indicate locked status.
Unlock: With the light locked, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the light will be activated on ECO of spotlight mode.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 2 one-second blinks to indicate locked status.
Operation: USB Type-C port is used, and QC3.0, QC2.0 fast protocol or 5V adapter are supported, fast charging adapter will be auto identified.
Indication: When charging, the charging indicators will flash from left to right to display battery and charging status. Only Eco and low output levels on spotlight mode are available when charging.
Power Bank Function
- With the light switched off, single click any of the two switches to start discharging, discharging will be stopped in 8 seconds if no device is detected.
- The discharging will auto start with the light switched on.
- According to the fast charging protocol, QC, PE or 5V discharging will be selected, if load fast charging protocol will be auto detected.
Indication: If load is identified, the indicators will recede from right to left to display the status. Note: When discharging, only Eco and low output level on spotlight mode can be used.
Battery Level Indication
With the light switched off, single click either switch to check the battery status, which will last for 8 seconds.
- Four blue lights on: 100% – 80%
- Three blue lights on: 80% – 60%
- Two blue lights on: 60% – 40%
- One blue light on: 40% – 20%
- One blue light flashes: 20% – 0
Note: This works with the included Fenix ARB-L37-12000 battery pack.
Unscrew the tail cap to take out the battery pack, and insert a new Fenix ARB-L37-12000 battery pack or 1-4 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery with the anode side (+) and the salient point towards the light head, and then screw the tail cap back on.
With the light switched on High I, High II or Turbo on Floodlight mode, the light will accumulate a lot of heat for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 65℃ or above:
- Spot and floodlight both switched on (High output on Spotlight mode), the light will downshift to 1000 lumens;
- Spot and floodlight both switched on (no High output on Spotlight mode), the light will downshift to 1500 lumens.
With the light switched on, if Turbo on floodlight mode is being selected for over 2 minutes or High II for over 5 minutes:
- If High on spotlight mode is selected, the light will downshift until to 1000 lumens;
- If High on spotlight mode is not selected, then the light will downshift until to 1500 lumens
Note: The abovementioned functions are specially designed for avoiding discomfort and danger caused by the light overheating.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. When this happens in Eco output mode, the battery level indicator blinks blue to remind you to recharge or replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work until the battery level runs out or the protection circuit activates.
Note: This only works with Fenix 18650 Li-ion battery.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Lock the light or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation. Recharge a stored battery every four months to maintain optimal battery performance.
- 1 – 4 18650 rechargeable Li-ion batteries can be used (Turbo may not be selected due to battery capacity) for emergency case: insert the batteries with the anode side (+) and the salient point towards the light head, and then screw the tail cap back on. The brightness, runtime and battery life may be compromised.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The batteries need replacing.
Solution: Replace batteries (Ensure batteries are inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.