On/off and lock/unlock
Press the tactical tail switch to turn on and lock the flashlight, release it the light will be turned off and unlocked.
With the light switched on, single click the side switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Med→High→Turbo.
Strobe and SOS
With the light switched on, press and hold the side switch for 0.8 seconds to enter strobe, single click the side switch to cycle through Strobe→SOS, press and hold the side switch for 0.8 seconds once again to return back to the previously used output level.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected output excluding strobe. When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled.
Boot-up Battery Level Indication
Each time the light is turned on, the battery level indicator in the middle of the switch will automatically display the battery status for 3 seconds.
- Green constant on: 100% – 85%, saturated
- Green flashes: 85% – 50%, sufficient
- Red constant on: 50% – 25%, poor
- Red flashes: 25% – 1%, critical
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L18 Series 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
|Fenix ARB-L18 Series
|Non-rechargeable Battery (Lithium)
|Rechargeable Battery (LiFePO4)
Fenix ARB-L18-3500U 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery is recommended for maintaining perfect lighting performance.
Warning: Do not mix batteries of different brands, sizes, capacities or types. Doing so may cause damage to the flashlight or the batteries being used.
*18650 /16340 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Unscrew the light body and insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the light body back on.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. When this happens in Eco output mode, the battery level indicator blinks red to remind you to recharge the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work till the battery level runs out.
Note: This only works with Fenix 18650 Li-ion battery.
After 5 minutes of maintenance, the brightness of the flashlight decreases by about 30 lumens every 6 seconds, and until to about 1200 lumens.
- With the light switched on High output level, and the temperature is detected ≥55°C. The brightness of the flashlight decreases by about 30 lumens every 6 seconds, and until to about 400 lumens. If the temperature is detected <55°C, the brightness of the flashlight increases by about 30 lumens every 6 seconds, and until to about 800 lumens. After the brightness downshifting, High output can be reselected.
- With the light switched on Turbo output level, and the temperature is detected ≥55°C. The brightness of the flashlight decreases by about 30 lumens every 6 seconds, and until to about 400 lumens. If the temperature is detected <55°C, the brightness of the flashlight increases by about 30 lumens every 6 seconds, and until to about 1200 lumens. If the temperature exceeds 55°C in the first 5 minutes, the brightness will drop directly to 800 lumens. After the brightness downshifting, Turbo output can be reselected.
When the voltage level drops below 3V, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. (After the downshifting, other output levels can be selected by single clicking the side switch, but if the battery voltage is still detected below 3V, the downshifting will begin after 1 second).
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap half a turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation. Recharge a stored battery every four months to maintain optimal battery performance.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently, or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.