Spotlight switch: for on/off, mode switching , lockout function and output selection on spotlight mode.
Floodlight switch: for on/off, mode switching , lockout function and output selection on floodlight mode.
Press and hold either of the two switches for 0.5 seconds to turn on the lamp. Corresponding low output level is selected by default. Press and hold either of the switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off the lamp.
With the lamp switched on, single click either of the two switches to reach the corresponding mode.
Spotlight mode: Single click the spotlight switch to cycle through Low→Med→High.
Floodlight mode: Single click the floodlight switch to cycle through Low→High→SOS.
Lock: With the lamp switched off, press and hold either of the two switches, or simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will blink twice to indicate locked status.
Unlock: With the lamp is locked, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 3 one-second blinks and activated on Low of floodlight mode.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 3 one-second blinks to indicate locked status.
The lamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used on High output level for extended periods. The lamp will automatically step down by a few lumens to reduce temperature.
Uncover the anti-dust cap and plug the Micro USB side of the charging cable into the charging port of the lamp. The four constant-on indicators shows the lamp is fully charged. The normal charging time is about 2.5 hours with the lamp being switched off.
Note: The headlamp can only be used on Low output when charging.
Battery Level Indication
The indicators will display the the battery status for 3 seconds each time when the lamp is switched on. With the lamp switched off, single click either switch to check the battery status, single click once again the lamp will go out immediately, or without any operation the status will last for 3 seconds. There will be no response with the lamp locked.
- Four lights on: saturated, 100% – 80%
- Three lights on: sufficient, 80% – 60%
- Two lights on: poor, 60% – 40%
- One light on: critical, 40% – 20%
- One light flashes: 20% – 0%
||43 x 31 x 10.5 mm
||Usable (No charging)
||Usable (No charging)
- Recharge a stored headlamp every four months to maintain optimal Li-polymer battery performance.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the AAA batteries from the lamp in case of damage by electrolyte leakage.
- Pull battery cover latch that is located between the switches to open the tail cap.
- Insert the batteries in accordance with the polarity marks.
- Replace the tail cap.
Notice: The headband is factory assembled by default.
Step 1: Attach the headband to the headlamp as shown (Pic 1), by first sliding the band down to the bottom of the slots. Then hook the top edge under the top slot.
Step 2: Adjust the headband by sliding the buckle to required length.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the headlamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix strongly recommends using quality rechargeable Ni-MH battery, alkaline battery will shorten the runtime with the lamp switched on high output.
The headlamp is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the lamp directly into anyone’s eyes.