With the light unlocked, press and hold the side switch for 0.5s to turn on/off the light.
With the light switched on, single click the side switch to cycle through Low→Med→High→Turbo.
With the light unlocked, press and hold the side switch for 1.2s to enter strobe mode, single click the side switch again to turn back to general mode.
Electronic Lockout Function
Lock: With the light unlocked, press the side switch twice within 0.5s. The light will blink twice on Med to indicate locked status.
Unlock: With the light is locked, press the side switch twice within 0.5s. The light will be unlocked and activated on last used brightness.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 2 one-second blinks to indicate locked status.
Physical Lockout Function
Rotate the two-way body clip to the right above of the side switch to avoid accidental activation, move the two-way body clip for normal use.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected brightness level on general mode. When turned on again the previously used brightness level will be recalled.
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on Turbo output level for extended periods. The light will automatically step down by a few lumens to reduce temperature. When the temperature is reduced, the Turbo output level can be reselected.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output mode, the flashlight blinks three times every five minutes to remind you to replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work till the battery protection activates. Note: This only works with 16340 Li-ion battery.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the light head back on.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Lock the light or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation. Recharge a stored battery every four months to maintain optimal battery performance.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
E16 flashlight, Body clip, Lanyard, Spare O-ring, Keyring, User manual, Warranty card, Information leaflet
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.