Talking Points – Fenix TK22UE (Ultimate Edition)
Photography Ambassador Justin J.
Philosophy of Use
• Tactical flashlight coupled with enhanced strength, durability, and reach.
• If you are looking for a no compromise flashlight, this is definitely it. Get it and you’ll see what I mean.
• This would be a great option for police/military operations.
• Great for a bug-out-bag or get-home-bag.
• Length: 5.9” (150mm)
Body: 1.0” (25.4mm)
• 5.3 oz (24g) excluding battery
• This is a sturdy light with a nice clip which means it’ll fit in a pocket, but it’ll be tight. The size and weight would be better served on a belt or on the molly webbing on a pack. It’s a great option for the wintertime months when you can wear and dress in layers. Big coats can conceal this light no problem.
• LUMINUS SST40 LED (cool white) with a lifespan of 50,000 hours.
• Turbo – 1600 Lumens
• High – 500 Lumens
• Medium – 150 Lumens
• Low – 30 lumens
• The TK22UE is plenty bright and I’ve found that I like the four various levels of light intensity. The incremental jump is just right each time.
• 1329ft (405m) on turbo
• 1,000ft – 2,000ft seem to be the sweet spot these days with tactical lights. The further away the better, I say. There’s nothing like being able to turn on your flashlight and shine it out across a field and see with great detail what’s on the other side. I’ve been able to spot deer and coyotes way off in the distance with this light no problem. I’ve also found it’s great for spotting leaks under the house or under the car! There is a central hotspot that can be placed exactly where you want it to bring clarity into your surroundings.
Tap – Slightly tap the tactical switch to momentarily turn on the light, release it to turn the tactical light off.
Fully press – Fully press the tactical switch to fully turn on and lock the light, press once again to unlock and turn off the light.
• Output Selection
With the light switched on, single-click the functional switch to cycle through Turbo, Low, Med, High.
With the light switched on, press and hold the functional switch for 1 second to enter strobe. The light will flash at a frequency of 6Hz and 15hz every 2 seconds. Click once again to return back to General mode.
• Intelligent Memory Circuit
The TK22 flashlight will memorize the last selected output (excluding strobe.) When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled.
• Most lights I purchase will need to have a tail switch with a momentary on/off as I like being able to quickly turn the light on and then back off just as fast. I also like the bonus side switch to work through the modes.
• ARB-L21-5000U USB rechargeable li-ion battery, USB type-C charging cable, lanyard, holster (length adjustable), spare O-ring, ALF-18 battery holder
• I own a lot of lights that utilize the 18650 battery but, in all honesty, this new 21700 battery by Fenix is the cat’s meow for sure. It’s just an added bonus if they manage to work the technology into the light and they did just that in the TK22UE. 5000mAh lasts a long time, especially on low and medium. The type-C USB charging has also become very popular which means there are plenty of cable around to use to charge the battery with.
• Another great feature of this light is the battery options. Options are always a welcomed aspect in the sense that if you run out of one thing, it’s possible to use something else in a pinch. The TK22UE can use both 21700 & 18650 batteries. The 18650 batteries are a tad smaller, so you’ll need to use the included ALF-18 battery holder which goes over the 18650 battery and holds it in place inside the light.
• IP68 rated waterproof and dustproof
• Made of A6061-T6 aluminum.
• Premium type HAIII hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
• Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with an anti-reflective coating.
• I’m always impressed with the testing Fenix does on their lights. If you go to their webpage and click on the “about us” tab, you’ll see all of the testing each light must go through in order to make it into the consumers hands. Some of these tests consists of thousands of presses in order to check the function of the switches. 100,000 press tests are impressive! I honestly don’t think these switches can be worn out.
• The TK22UE has dual springs, in front and behind the battery, which will help with reliability during intense situations. For instance, springs on both sides of the battery will keep constant contact with the positive and negative side of the battery to ensure constant light output at all times.
• If you’re a new member you can receive 20% off your first order plus free 3-day shipping!
• Even without the new member discount I think this light is a steal of a deal at $110. The craftsmanship is spectacular once you hold it in your hand. The machining along with the fit and finish give you assurance it’ll last a long time. The Fenix TK line of flashlights are outstanding quality and are built to outlast even the toughest conditions around. If you can find a dealer in your area, then I would head over and check a few of them out as they are built like a tank. Also, this comes as a complete kit. You get everything you need to get up and going right out of the box. Fenix left no details out in this package!
• Comes with a Limited Lifetime Guarantee from Fenix Lighting USA.
• From my own experience, Fenix is a company that can be trusted and relied upon 100%. Their products are top shelf and offer years of reliable use.
• I consider Fenix a company that knows the value of taking care of their customers. Their customer service associates are very knowledgeable and courteous. Thankfully, you don’t have to take my word for it. Just look at all of the positive reviews on their website, www.fenixlighting.com
• The TK lineup are proven time and time again. Check out all of the YouTube reviews on the TK line and you’ll see why they are highly sought after in the flashlight community. They just keep going and going.
• There is a cool factor that this light has that not too many other flashlights have and it’s the tungsten steel glass breaking tips that are surrounded in a stainless-steel strike bezel. These puppies have a hardness of HRA90 which means they are perfect for breaking glass. I’ll be honest in saying I wasn’t going to originally pick this light up as I already have a lot of current TK lineup, but after some careful consideration I decided to give it a try. After owning it for a few months it has most definitely found a place in my preparedness lifestyle. We try to have backups to the backups in case anything should fail, (not that any of my Fenix lights have ever failed). My family and I just prefer to have two or three of important items that can potentially become vital in a moment’s notice, a flashlight being one of them. We have this light, the TK22UE and another Fenix light, the TK26R in packs we use in case of emergencies. They have come in handy so many times that we’ve lost count. Having spare lights is the only way to ensure you’ll have what you need when the time comes.
• If I had to find anything I didn’t like about the light, it would be pretty hard to do. I think I would like to have seen the battery indicator light in the side switch as I’ve grown to like that feature in all of my other Fenix lights. However, it’s not a deal breaker by any means as I always carry a spare battery and charger with me anyways.
• All in all, this is a great option with a wide variety of uses. If you’re looking for a flashlight to walk the dog with, you can do that with this light. If you’re looking for a flashlight to add to your truck console, then this is a great option. If you’re looking to use it for hunting, then it’s a great option as well. You’d be hard pressed to find an area where you found yourself needing something else unless you were planning to use it as a nightstand/bedside light, as 30 lumens may be too bright to use at night for trips to the bathroom. I give it a thumbs up!