Hunting flashlights are one of the most basic yet powerful staples to keep in your gear arsenal. It doesn’t matter if you’re still busy field dressing after dark or getting a pre-dawn start to your day, a successful hunt is only achievable by having the best possible gear ready when you need it. Most hunters already know, a good hunting flashlight needs a great throw, should be very bright, and extremely durable. Here at Fenix Lighting, we’re committed to offering only the best lighting gear and we know that choosing the perfect product for your needs can be daunting. We have compiled a list of our best hunting flashlights of 2019 to help you decide which Fenix hunting flashlight is right for you.
What are the Best Hunting Flashlights
The best hunting lights are the LD30, the PD36R, the HM65R, the LR40R, and the HM50R. These lights are equipped with all the necessary features to help you on even the most strenuous hunting adventures. Count on them to be your most reliable lighting companion while throwing incredibly bright light.
Our LD30 Flashlight is a favorite EDC among Fenix flashlight users. This flashlight emits a bright 1600 lumens and a long beam throw of up to 205 meters. What really makes this one of the best hunting flashlights is its tactical tail switch and the ability to quickly cycle through lighting modes with its side switch. The flashlight is also made with aircraft-grade aluminum and can be clipped anywhere with its two-position body clip.
- IP68 rated, dustproof and waterproof underwater to 2m— capable to work in extreme environments
- Powerful for its size and lightweight for every day carry
- Ultra-thin optical lens for user-friendly illumination in outdoor activities
- Raised mode switch— you can easily change modes, even with gloves on
- Momentary on tactical tail switch for quick activation
- Two-position body clip that allows you to carry the flashlight in a variety of ways
- Length: 4.3” (109mm)
- Body: 0.9” (21.5mm)
- Head: 1.0” (25.4mm)
- Weight: 2.1 oz. (59g) excluding battery
- Highest Brightness Level: 800 lumens for 1 hr and 55 minutes
- Lowest Brightness Level: Eco Mode: 30 lumens for 70 hours and 30 minutes
A bit larger than the LD30, the PD36R is unlike anything available in the market for its size, providing longer runtimes with its 21700 li-ion battery. This light delivers a maximum of 1600 lumens to an impressive distance of 283m making it one of the brightest in its category. Its USB charging port offers quicker charging and external battery level indicator makes it easy to be prepared for anything during your hunting trip. You can also easily carry this light however you like with its attached two-way body clip.
- 4-hour fast charging with USB Type-C charging port
- Battery level indication and low-voltage warning
- IP68 rated dustproof and waterproof up to 2m
- Two-way body clip to access lighting, right where you need it
- Length: 5.4” (136mm)
- Body: 1.0” (25.4mm)
- Head: 1.0” (26.4mm)
- Weight: 3.0 oz. (85g) excluding battery
- Highest Brightness Level: 800 lumens at 5 hours 49 minutes
- Lowest Brightness Level: 30 lumens at 115 hours
This USB rechargeable hunting headlamp boasts a max 1400 lumens from the combined spotlight and floodlight, making it a great tool for hunters that need a capable headlight as part of their arsenal. The HM65R is built tough, crafted with magnesium alloy, making this wearable flashlight lightweight and strong enough to survive drops up to 2m.
- Cree XM-L2 U2 white, XP-G2 R5 neutral white LED, with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Lightweight 3.42 oz / 97 grams (excluding battery, weighs an ounce less than the same light made from aluminum)
- USB – Type C rechargeable with included 3500mAh battery
- Optional top headband for a more secure and snug fit
- Impact-resistant to 2 meters
- IP68 rated dustproof and waterproof underwater to 2m
- Length: 3.2” (80.5mm)
- Width: 2.2” (55mm)
- Height: 1.6” (40mm)
- Weight: 3.4 oz. (97g) excluding battery
- Highest Brightness Level: Spotlight: 1000 lumens for 2 hours; Floodlight: 400 lumens for 21 hours
- Lowest Brightness Level: Spotlight: 50 lumens for 97 hours; Floodlight: 8 lumens for 300 hours
A high-performance flashlight, the LR40R offers a vast array of lighting options hunters will appreciate. Built with both a spotlight and floodlight, users can choose between the spotlight, with a maximum distance of 640 meters (700 yards) and 5 levels of floodlight with a maximum 11000 lumens, making this flashlight one of the most powerful Fenix flashlights. It is one of the best hunting flashlights due to how well it lights up large swathes backcountry. The LR40R can also be charged quickly via its USB port—in as little as 3.3 hours.
- Cree LEDs, with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Spotlight and floodlight for different lighting situations
- USB discharging function, charge your digital devices on the go
- IP68 rated dustproof and waterproof up to 2m
- Length: 6.1” (154mm)
- Width: 3.2” (80mm)
- Height: 2.0” (51mm)
- Weight: 17.6 oz. (500g) excluding batteries
- Highest Brightness Level: Spotlight: 1000 lumens for 7 hours; Floodlight: 11000 lumens for 45 minutes
- Lowest Brightness Level: Spotlight: 50 lumens for 92 hours and 18 minutes; Floodlight: 350 lumens for 22 hours and 44 minutes
The HM50R is a tiny powerhouse, emitting 500 lumens maximum output, this headlamp features four output levels to meet your lighting demands. The small size and light weight of this headlamp makes it very easy to throw in your pack along with your other gear. Capable of withstanding temperatures of -40º (CR123 battery only), this headlamp is the perfect tool for hunting in unexpected weather conditions.
- Cree XM-L2 U2 white LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- IP68 rating – waterproof up to 2 meters and dustproof
- Rechargeable with Micro USB port (16340s only)
- Comes with a reflective, sweat-channeling headband
- Length: 2.7″ (67.5mm)
- Width: 1.3″ (33mm)
- Height: 1.1″ (28mm)
- Weight: 2.2 oz. (63g) excluding battery
- Highest Brightness Level: On the CR123A battery: 130 lumens for 14 hours; on the 16340 battery: 130 lumens for 10 hours
- Lowest Brightness Level: On the CR123A battery: 4 lumens for 128 hours; on the 16340 battery: 4 lumens for 90 hours
5 Best Hunting Flashlights
Investing in the right flashlight for your hunting needs requires careful consideration, but it shouldn’t be a daunting task. If you have specific questions about any of our products and their performance, feel free to contact us here or via our LiveChat on our website.