Talking Points – Fenix TK15UE (Ultimate Edition)
Photography Ambassador Justin J.
Philosophy of Use
• Built tough for military and law enforcement use.
• Tactical operations. When reliability is a must.
• Length: 5.6” (142.5mm)
Body: 1.0” (25.4mm)
• 5.0 oz (141g) excluding battery
• On par with all of my other Fenix lights in this size range. The weight is a non-issue for me and hides in a pant pocket with ease.
• CREE XP-L HI V3 with a life span of 50,000 hours
• Turbo – 1000 Lumens
• High – 350 Lumens
• Medium – 150 Lumens
• Low – 10 Lumens
• This light has a great range of light output. The 10 lumens is spot on for low light operations, while the 1k lumen output will blind anyone who might be caught off guard. This light is bright on turbo. An attacker doesn’t stand a chance.
• 1,066ft (325m) on turbo
• On par with a lot of my other Fenix lights. Anything over 500ft is impressive so 1,066ft will light up anything you point it at with ease. I can shine this puppy out across a field and see anything by the tree line. Coyotes stand out like a sore thumb in the darkness.
• ON/OFF – Tap the tactical tail switch to momentarily turn on the light, release it the light will go out.
Fully press the tactical switch to turn on the light constantly, press again to turn off the light.
• Output Selection – With the light on, single-click the functional switch to cycle through Turbo, Low, Mid, High.
• Fenix keeps the user interface pretty consistent across the board aside from a few specialty lights. This model is very familiar and is easy to operate under stress. I’m a huge fan of momentary switches.
• Holster, lanyard, spare O-ring, spare rubber switch boot
• One 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery (Not included) or two CR123A Lithium batteries.
• I have quite a few 18650 batteries handy to use with this light. They last a long time and allow the light to put out a ton of light when you need it the most. Glad to see Fenix includes a spare o-ring and switch boot as this light will see a lot of work.
• Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
• Premium type lll hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
• Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
• If you know anything about the Fenix TK line, it’s their toughest line of lights they make. I’ve bought more of the TK line than any other from their platform. The few extra bucks are more than worth it, in my opinion. The thickness of the aluminum is apparent when you look at the sidewalls of the battery chamber. Also, the tail cap threads are thick and squared off for durability and reliability against water getting in. Pick up a cheap flashlight from your local hardware store and look at the threads. They are thin and really don’t hold up over time when compared to a Fenix. It’s the attention to details that count, and Fenix checks off all the boxes.
• The pocket clip could hold a door closed. It’s that strong! Fenix definitely gets the pocket clips right. I’ve tried other high-end lights in the past and their pocket clips are an afterthought. Not so with the Fenix TK15UE. They get the job done right the first time.
• If you’re a new member you can receive 20% off your first order plus free 3-day shipping!
• Even without the new member discount I think this light is a steal of a deal at $75. The craftsmanship is spectacular once you hold it in your hand. The machining along with the fit and finish give you assurance it’ll last a long time.
• Yes, the price is right on this one. You’ll need to supply your own battery, or, pick one up from Fenix when you purchase this light. Their batteries are worth the few extra bucks. I own about 20 of their batteries and they all have been top shelf! Don’t forget to pick up a charger too in case you need to charge on the go from a vehicle.
• Comes with a Limited Lifetime Guarantee from Fenix Lighting USA.
• From my own experience, Fenix is a company that can be trusted and relied upon 100%. Their products are top shelf and offer years of reliable use.
• I consider Fenix a company that knows the value of taking care of their customers. Their customer service associates are very knowledgeable and courteous. Thankfully, you don’t have to take my word for it. Just look at all of the positive reviews on their website, www.fenixlighting.com
• Fenix packs a lot of technology into their products. I’ve yet to own a Fenix light that I didn’t feel lived up to a higher standard of dependability. When you purchase a flashlight, you need it work all the time, every time you press the “on” switch.
• Fenix offers this light in two color choices. I opted for the cadet grey version and I couldn’t be happier. All of my other Fenix lights are black and this one is the exception. I’d honestly like to see them do more lights in this same color. It’s not a bright color however if you need to be completely covert then go with the black version.
• I own quite a few of the newer lights in their TK lineup and to be honest, I’d like to see Fenix go back to the knurling that is on this TK15UE as it has so much more grip than the newer TK22UE, which I also own. The new TK lineup share some of the same grip patterns as the PD models, such as the PD36R. I’d like to see them be completely distinguishable from one another. After picking up this TK15UE I’ve come to like how well it locks up in the hand due to the grip pattern. Even when wet it locks up super tight. This is a win win in my book. Hopefully, Fenix will revisit the grip in future TK models.
• The tactical ring works great when using a firearm. I’ve found it works exactly as it should when using in a cigar grip setup. You can hit that momentary with precision in the palm. The spot and spill work in your favor as you can feather the light while scanning an area.
• If someone said I had to find something I maybe didn’t like about the light I would tell them I truly can’t find anything. However, the only thing I could point out are the threads under the tactical ring. They are triangle cut while the tail cap threads are square cut. Square cut is the way to go. But that’s the only thing and that’s being super picky. Also, maybe the mode button could have been a tad bigger, but again, being super picky.
• The super tight hotspot and massive spill are welcomed! Color temp is nice too. It’ll get the job done.
• This light is very pocketable, although you might need to remove the tactical ring. I leave mine on and it fits just fine in my 5.11 pants.
• The springs in both ends are gold plated. The attention to details makes this light worth picking up. Not many companies put this much thought into their products at the price point Fenix is offering them at. The light is a HUGE thumbs way up from me.